Video problems after Windows 7 Update

QBox User

Today I was unable to get DVBViewer working properly due to severe video lag, even on SD. CPU usage for the program was a bit higher than normal. Other video applications were also affected. I did a system restore to before the last Windows Update and normal function was restored.

The Update seemed to be mainly security fixes, plus one for daylight savings adjustments. Before I repeat it, has anyone else with Windows 7 x64 noticed a change in performance?

Seems fine to me but I have 17 updates pending. Most of them are for Office 2010 , nothing that mentions video or directX

I shall hold fire installing them for now.

Frank

Hello,

I am using W7 64 SP1 with myriad updates without any issue.

Accept all suggested updates; .NET framework for instance.

Full W7 64 updates take ages as you must run the Windows update manytimes so that no more update appears. It takes sometimes half day so that to get everything installed!

I suggest you reinstall DVBViewer after all updates...

Update your graphic card driver to date as well.

Not sure: DVBViewer is X86 software, may be installation of VisualC 2005(X86) is necessary???

Regarding DirectX, some softwares install the last DirectX runtime.

You can download and install Sisoftsandra wich is one very well known software for testing everything in the computer. During installation, it will install all DirectX update.

Edited by trifon33

It could have been coincidence, but the restore point removed the 7 or so Windows updates dated 13th December. I've added them again - one by one - without bringing back the problem.

Edited by QBox User