Weird, HD receiving fine

Benarty

I moved to Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Runing on a new platform, based on Intel Xeon 2x2Ghz , 2GB ECC DDR3 ram, Nvidia GT520 videocard with 512MB video DDR5

Digital devices CineS2 (ngene based) dual s2 receiver.

Now the funny part:

The previous computer bas based on windowsXP, AMD Zacate ,1 GB DDR3, on-board video.

This system could receive SD very good, some minor problems with HD content.Same DVB receiver as on the xeon.

Now the Xeon runs HD very good but SD is more eratic.

The signal strangth according to DVBViewer says 97 to 100% on all HD channels.

But 52 to 70 on SD channels and no need to say if it drops below approx 56% then massive video problems.

W will recheck the LNB allignment soon but due to heavy weather not very near .

Weird cause, all channels come from the same satellite (astra 19,2E)

and if HD channels have such excellent signal, and high bitrates while SC vary alot in signal strenght and also bitrates.

I reported a channel4HD(NAR) problem before on the old computer, reception is very stable on this xeon.

SD channels on Astra28° are fine HD also.

Now i'm only puzzled with the fact that HD on astra19,2 is good so it's doutbtfull that the allignment would be the problem.

Disecq works also since all HD run fine.

Windows 7 areo results in a better video quality even in SD but not many sd channels are stable.

Hmm might expect to have more problem with HD then SD.

Codec : powerDVD 11 Ultra

DXVA enabled, cpu even with HD not above 10%

Perhaps a problem with the old cineS2 card.

or perhaps another idea?

Win7 standard codecs are fine for video. Try them (using Video B settings). Just add AC3filter for HD audio.

Do you mean Signal Strength or Signal Quality? Could the problem channels be on the same polarity? Symptoms point to LNB or wiring but you would need to check using another receiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved.

Bad LNB and I have now a C-Tech SFP 2010 and now I got the best alligned setup thanks to the SFP 2010.

No cheap LNB's again for me tho.