No Sound on certain Radio channels

Crunchy

I hope someone can help! I can play BBC radio 5L, BFBS and a few other radio channels but have lost sound/reception on BBC Radio 1, 2, etc. I used to be able to listen to these channels but they suddenly went. All the TV channels work properly. What could be the problem???

I've updated the channel lists but still no sound. I get the info about what is being broadcast though. All the other channels from BskB and radio 5 work no problem, just everything from BBC London too BBC R4 don't. Is there anything I can do or is this an issue with the BBC?

Seems OK for me. That transponder (11954H) was changed a few months ago to accommodate the "red button" streams, but I don't know if any radio settings were changed. Try re-scanning and updating the channels.

May be thy are using AC3

No. Crunchy should provide more information, e.g. a support.zip and/or a channel editor screenshot showing his radio channel settings. Otherwise it's just blind guessing.

Assuming (from BFBS) we are actually talking about satellite and not terrestrial, the parameters for BBC R1 are:

11953, H, 27500, 2/3, Stream ID 2013, QPSK, Service ID 6751, Audio PID 5401, Audio type MPEG, PMT 259, Language eng, PCR 5401

Check these in channel editor

OK, I've since my last post, updated my computer and have therefore had to reinstall DVBViewer. The problem I have now is that BBC Radio 1, 2 etc don't even show up after the scan. Can anyone send me a transponder list with them on. Thanks! Btw, I falsely logged on as Crunchy which was my old user name when I first posted this problem; sorry for the confusion

Thanks QBox user, I put the frequencies in but still got nothing. I am now thinking that the problem lies with the dish; that it has maybe shifted slightly. Having said that, I tried to update the channel list from the link you posted yet can't seem to load them into the channel list editor. When I click import, nothing happens??????

The link was to an updated list of transponders, not channels. Download the exe file for DVBViewer format and execute. It should update your transponder lists with the latest details. Use TransEdit to scan 11953H on 28.2E.

• 11 months later...

Hi guy's, I'm back with the same old problem: most bbc radio channels not playing. The difference this time is that I have fitted a new DBS2 TV card and have still the same problem. As previously stated, I thought it was the satellite dish it's self but I have had that checked out (I get radio 2 on my sky box) I have updated and checked the freqencies, but still know stations. I do have though, Radio 5 live. Is there something that I missing here?????

Thanks inadvance for any tips

Paul

I'ts me again. Problem sorted. I scrolled down the channels list (audio) and took a look in BskyB, just on the off chance clicked on Radio 2and the rest is history. Thanks for your support in the past guys.