RS 1.9.3.0 feedback

entrecour

Installed RS 1.9.3.0 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit today. Installation went very smoothly - did not uninstall previous release.

+ No problems so far.

+ New Web Interface on IE9 looks very nice. I really like the mouse over details. :D

Congrats to the team! :thumbsup:

Will test streaming on iPad and iPhone next.

Edited by entrecour
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• janip

• bogdan1980

• Tjod

• Lars_MQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, this RS release is a very impressive display. It's extreamly worked through, awesome in fact and the visual improvements are stunning :biggrin: Great work!

No praise without blame though...two thoughts:

- I do miss the convenience with having the whole Timeline EPG as horizontal scrolling area, but understand the convenience for people with vast amounts of channels (and prioritize the need for scrolling down) regarding the present solution. The horizontal scrolling area feels a bit small now though. Perhaps making the page header (including the menus) to a horizontal scrolling area as well, would be something to contemplate?

- As someone already commented, the exit-click-area is gone in all jQuery windows. For the most part you now dont even need to click the EPG entry and bringing up the jQuery when having the newly added one-click-record function and the MouseOver full-description tooltip, simply great stuff. The annoying part though is when bringing up a jQuery and trying to go back (the browser back button) to the timeline you always returns to the default startpage. Same deal in the recordings database. It has been mentioned before, if my memory serves me right, this browser behaviour is hard to do anything about?

Regards

majstang

Edited by majstang
- I do miss the convenience with having the whole Timeline EPG as horizontal scrolling area, but understand the convenience for people with vast amounts of channels (and prioritize the need for scrolling down) regarding the present solution.
If you have a 4-Way Scroll Mouse you can use it now for scrolling in all directions.

The horizontal scrolling area feels a bit small now though.
You can use the channel logos as well.

- As someone already commented, the exit-click-area is gone in all jQuery windows.
Now the entire space around the popup is the "exit-click-area".
The annoying part though is when bringing up a jQuery and trying to go back (the browser back button) to the timeline you always returns to the default startpage.

Just click in the dark area around the detail window to close it. Works here with Firefox.

EDIT: Tjod was faster :D

Edited by HaraldL

If you have a 4-Way Scroll Mouse you can use it now for scrolling in all directions.

You can use the channel logos as well.

Now the entire space around the popup is the "exit-click-area".

Just click in the dark area around the detail window to close it. Works here with Firefox.

EDIT: Tjod was faster :D

Haha...the dark area was the only place i didn't try to click :rotfl: Thanks, guys!

No 4-way mouse here, so i'll have to stick with these two horizontal scrolling areas. It still wouldn't be a bad move to utilising the remaining dead area (page header) as horizontal scrolling areas though.

:bye:

perfect android streamer but would like to be able to change audio on non english channels however,

also when streaming to android i cannot watch tv on the pc

otherwise a superb addition to the DVBViewer brand

also when streaming to android i cannot watch tv on the pc

Please explain.

perfect android streamer but would like to be able to change audio on non english channels however,

It is possible. maybe in the next version. :)

My feedback with 1.9.3:

Start direct stream is working in webpage.

But, stream to the browser( needs flash) not working, tried low 512 presets, hd, high, not working.

FlowPlayer is starting with an black circle, but it remain with back circle and stream does not start.( tested with ie8,9 and chrome)

Also, in Encoding preset i see nothing.

Edited by bogdan1980

My feedback with 1.9.3:

Start direct stream is working in webpage.

But, stream to the browser( needs flash) not working, tried low 512 presets, hd, high, not working.

FlowPlayer is starting with an black circle, but it remain with back circle and stream does not start.( tested with ie8,9 and chrome)

Also, in Encoding preset i see nothing.

Are you using the current version of ffmpeg? The current ffmpeg version can be found here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

yes, deleted old version and install latest ffmpeg from that page.

Way to go. Great changes.

For me it is working perfectly on IE9 and Firefox 9, but in Crome 16 it is really messed up (just to give one example, on the Channel EPG tab the channel details don't appear at all, only the channel list on the left... and similar serious problems on some of the other tabs).

Edited by JoeH

...the Channel EPG tab the channel details don't appear at all, only the channel list on the left... and similar serious problems on some of the other tabs).

This has been reported elsewhere as down to cache issues. Some users say refreshing the browser page is enough to clear it, but I found (in Firefox) it was necessary to clear the cache through Tools-Options.

Problems with Diseqc control, TBS cards.

Two cards in one sistem: TBS8920 & TBS6923 (6923 is Engeneering Sample of TBS6922)

With prewious version of RS all was OK. Updated today to 1.9.3.0 - & TBS6923 stop control diseqc 8x1. Tbs8920 - work ok.

Moved back to RS 1.9.2.0

Now all back to work ok.

I do not know what was a FIX for TBS/Prof in 1.9.3.0, but something is wrong here, because now in new version, TBS6923/6922 not control diseqc 8x1.

Stop the Recording Service

open the svchardware.xml in the configuration Folder

change <entry name="Vendor">0</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

and don't run the hardware detection until there is a new version.

The TBS 6923 is not in the Database and therefore not detected correctly.

Then it should work.

Hi,

I have also a Disecq issue with 1.9.3.0.

In my case, I have 3 tuners in total, 2 of them are from a TBS 6981 dualtuner card.

The third one is a TT Budget S2-3200. This is the only tuner which is configured for multiple Satellites (Astra 19.2, Hotbird 13)

If I tune channels on Astra (Disecq A/A) everything works, however when I tune Hotbird there is no signal as Disecq does not work.

support.zip attached

Kind regards

Der Mundl

The cards are detected correct as far as I can see.

Dose it work in 1.9.2.0?

Yes, I deinstalled 1.9.3.0, reinstalled 1.9.2.0, deleted Tuners, searched tuners, and Disecq is working again on the TT S2-3200.

Edit:

I noticed something strange. In 1.9.3 i was offered "Deaktiviere LNB beim Schlissen des Gerätes" on the TT S2-3200. On 1.9.2 I had that option only on the 2 TBS tuners.

Edited by esackbauer
The third one is a TT Budget S2-3200. This is the only tuner which is configured for multiple Satellites (Astra 19.2, Hotbird 13)

If I tune channels on Astra (Disecq A/A) everything works, however when I tune Hotbird there is no signal as Disecq does not work.

Does DiSEqC work with TransEdit 3.8.3 (see members area)?

BTW: I see no ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll in your installation, which means, DiSEqC is restricted to the legacy BDA DiSEqC 1.0 support.

It's a bug. please edit the svchardware.xml for the TT entry and change the vendor from 3 to 26 or install the dll. The service has to be stopped for this.

If the dll is not present the System uses a wrong function as fallback. :( I'll fix it.

Stop the Recording Service

open the svchardware.xml in the configuration Folder

change <entry name="Vendor">0</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

and don't run the hardware detection until there is a new version.

The TBS 6923 is not in the Database and therefore not correct detected.

Then it should work.

Thanks.

Now it work.

It's a bug. please edit the svchardware.xml for the TT entry and change the vendor from 3 to 26 or install the dll. The service has to be stopped for this.

If the dll is not present the System uses a wrong function as fallback. :( I'll fix it.

Lars, I have installed the ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll and now it works!

It was a little irritating, I deselected the TT CI/Remote plugins with setup, because I use neither CI nor the remote on my server.

Maybe the setup wizard should always install this DLL when it finds a TT card.

Many thanks to the DVBViewer team for your quick and helpful responses!

Perhaps making the page header (including the menus) to a horizontal scrolling area as well, would be something to contemplate?

I agree, I'd like to use the upper header area for horizontal scrolling - but I can't :( It's a technical restriction behind: The pages are assembled from two independant HTML frames, the common page header is one, the timeline content is the other. Unfortunately there's no easy way to control one frame from the other.

Oh, that was unlucky! Lets hope it will be possible/easier with a future HTML version.

I must take the opportunity to thank you for your awesome contribution to the RS project, nothing short of amazing :biggrin:

Great work :bye:

Edited by majstang

i uninstall and install fresh copy of DVBViewer + rec 1.9.3, now streaming work ok with encoding preset on PC and Iphone.

On android not working, i do not know what preset to use for android, i tried a few but still nothing.

I've installed the latest beta, my main browser is Chrome and have noticed the following, I also crosschecked against over browser I have on my system:-

• All pages - No DVBViewer Logo - no stats when rollover where logo would be (Chrome)
  • TV Guide - Bars spliting parts of day no longer there (these were clickable to decrease/expand listing), navigating between parts of day now more of a effort, option could be to remove drop down and add buttons to complement the evening button to click to parts of the day (Chrome, IE, Firefox)
  • TV Guide - Clicking on a programme beings up details in existing frame instead of an overlay on the guide details - also record/play buttons don't work on this details page (Chrome)
  • TV Guide - Clicking on a programme beings up details as expected, click record for the new timer details, programme title also contains a truncated programme description - (Firefox, IE)
  • Channel EPG - no programme details appear from the start or when you click on a channel on the left (Chrome)
  • Search EPG - main window justified to left instead of center (Chrome)
  • Search EPG - Clicking on a programme in the results brings up detail in main section instead as a overlay, also play/record buttons don't work in this scenario (Chrome)
  • Timer / Recordings - same as previous when clicking a program or clicking on edit (Chrome)

My tests were with the following browser versions:-

Chrome 17

Internet Explorer 8

Firefox 9

Hi,

This new version is great. So many improvements and fixes all over the place.

I have three small issues:

1) I use IE 8 (under Windows XP) and when moving the mouse over the program items in the Timeline view the various program cells light up but if I hover for an extended time the pop up with the full program information does not appear. It does work on my tests in Chrome and Firefox.

2) In the Timeline view I click a channel to start the streaming pop up window. While it is visible and active if the mouse moves over the background Timeline window it steals focus from the streaming pop up window and moves the streaming window *behind* the Timeline window. Under Chrome and Firefox the background Timeline window updates but does not steal focus from or move the Timeline window on top of the streaming pop up window.

3) Using the streaming player to play on a Samsung Galaxy S II the Flowplayer app loads but does not appear to initialise or run. I am still exploring this issue.

I hope these items are easy to fix.

Please keep up the great work.

Regards,

Ian.