RS 1.9.3.0 feedback

entrecour

Is seems you didn't read the changelog.

1) I use IE 8 (under Windows XP) and when moving the mouse over the program items in the Timeline view the various program cells light up but if I hover for an extended time the pop up with the full program information does not appear. It does work on my tests in Chrome and Firefox.
All display problems in the IE8 have been addressed. Some (comfort) functions will be disabled, because they need a better(=faster) browser.
Add: Where possible a Tooltip with EPG or recording details is shown. (not IE 8 and iPad).

3) Using the streaming player to play on a Samsung Galaxy S II the Flowplayer app loads but does not appear to initialise or run. I am still exploring this issue.

From now on you have to use the current version of ffmpeg.

The current ffmpeg version can be found here:http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/. Simply get the „latest static build". For x64 systems the 64-bit version can be used. The file ffmpeg.exehas to be extracted into the program folder of the Recording Service.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• janip

• bogdan1980

• Tjod

• Lars_MQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tjod,

I *did* read the changelog and have installed the latest ffmpeg.

I missed the point about the Tooltip pop up on IE8. (I would upgrade IE8, where I am permitted, if there was an update available on Windows XP. ;))

I should have posted that streaming works fine to any of the PCs or browsers I have tested. Only the Samsung Galaxy S II has given me any trouble. I will keep testing when the phone comes back into my possession.

Regards,

Ian.

Ok, that will not work me. Stupid i, no older version. Where i can download old one.

It will crash when recording start.

http://japesone.kapsi.fi/loadfile.php?prefix=svcdebug.log

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 TBDADVBWorld.Opendevice bvDVBWorld

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 TRecording Allocate anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 StartRecording anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 StartRecording Settuner failed.

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 TRecording Release anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 TRecording Destroy anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.252 TRecording Destroyed anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.252 TRecording hamDeleted anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 TBDADVBWorld.Opendevice bvDVBWorld

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 TRecording Allocate anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 StartRecording anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

http://japesone.kapsi.fi/loadfile.php?prefix=support.zip

Edit: Ok, it works again. I change this <entry name="Vendor">14</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

Edited by janip

Can't edit earlier post anymore...

Missing translation and too short text box (Sort=Järjestä)

sort.JPG

And one comment, i dont like that startpage coocie. I want that page what i choose.

Edited by janip

Ok, that will not work me. Stupid i, no older version. Where i can download old one.

It will crash when recording start.

http://japesone.kapsi.fi/loadfile.php?prefix=svcdebug.log

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 TBDADVBWorld.Opendevice bvDVBWorld

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 TRecording Allocate anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.247 StartRecording anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 StartRecording Settuner failed.

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 TRecording Release anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.248 TRecording Destroy anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.252 TRecording Destroyed anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:53.252 TRecording hamDeleted anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 TBDADVBWorld.Opendevice bvDVBWorld

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 TRecording Allocate anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

13.01.12 22:36:54.253 StartRecording anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-C) (1)

http://japesone.kapsi.fi/loadfile.php?prefix=support.zip

Edit: Ok, it works again. I change this <entry name="Vendor">14</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

Thankyou thankyou thankyou, this solved my problem !!!!!!!

Does anyone have the RS 1.9.3.0 EPG working correctly on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - running Android 3.1?

The previous version of RS was fine, but on this particular device neither the stock browser nor Dolphin HD will render the page correctly - see attached Timeline screenshot.

In this case the bar along the top with the provider & day/date forward/back and sizing buttons does not display. During page load it flashes up but once the actual program data is displayed it appears to be overwritten. Additionally the channel icons down the left hand side are displaced downward about half an icon by the word 'BSkyB' which should of course belong in the missing date/time row and also the timeline starts at the beginning of the day (rather than current time).

Further issues related to the above but on the other RS tabs are:

TV Guide: Almost displays correctly (timeline bar about 75% visible)but buttons don't seem to work

Channel EPG: No program content displayed at all (though channel list tree is there)

Configuration: The config data overlaps the main DVBViewer name/icon at the top of the screen

Interestingly on my Samsung Galaxy S phone (Android 2.3.5) the page displays fine with both the above browsers.

Appreciate any thoughts as to what might be the cause of the page layout corruption on this device. Hopefully it is operator error (me) as this is quick and easy to fix!

Regds,

Chris

post-74420-0-67642000-1326569639_thumb.jpg

Channels that do not have EPG guide does not appear at all in iphone webpage.

Pls fixed this, i have this problem for ages.

I have 115 channels, and 30 of them does not appear on mobile page because they didnt contain any epg guide.

hi again

i am just noticing that the streaming of the recording service (which is excellent on my htc) has problems when streaming to the DNLA tv . i have noticed that channel audio doesn't stream on some channels and also any channel that has been scanned as a dvbs2(H.264) channel eg. BBC 1HD or ITV1 HD on astra 28.2 (which has the blue writing) shows as file not supported on the panasonic tv..even though the tv itself can show these satellite channels

any one else know this? or is there a fix?

it seems that only MPEG2 PS or PAL and NTSC DIVX files can be play via DNLA

Edited by buttonsNI.

Does anyone have the RS 1.9.3.0 EPG working correctly on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - running Android 3.1?

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Galaxy 10.1 (nor any other Honeycomb) tablet and I've therefore no chance to find out what the problem causes. However, I've googled before, changing the user agent *might* fix the problem. In your browser, enter 'about:debug' and some debug menu should appear. Under 'Settings > Debug > UAString' chose 'Desktop' (or similar). Hth.

changing the user agent *might* fix the problem

Thanks for the reply, but 'no' - changing the UA has no effect. My phone has the UA as Android and renders the page pretty much ok, whereas Galaxy Tab makes a right mess of it whichever UA (Desktop, Android or iPad) is used.

Regds,

Chris

My feedback with 1.9.3:

Start direct stream is working in webpage.

But, stream to the browser( needs flash) not working, tried low 512 presets, hd, high, not working.

FlowPlayer is starting with an black circle, but it remain with back circle and stream does not start.( tested with ie8,9 and chrome)

Also, in Encoding preset i see nothing.

I get this to work, but only at low preset rates. 256kbps takes up 35% of my server CPU and 512 about 70%. Higher rates just max out the CPU (1.6GHz dual-core). There is no GPU usage.

Using latest (static) x64 build.

Service hangs, so many lost recordings. I have to kill dvbvservice from taskmanager.

http://pastebin.com/pf8s6j9e

Is this right for my all three anysee dvb-c tuner?

<entry name="Vendor">14</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

Could someone post link to earlier recservice version, i have to change back if that happens again.

Edited by janip
<entry name="Vendor">14</entry> to <entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

The correct value for Anysee is 20. It is detected as 14 (DVBWorld) due to a vendor ID clash in the hardware database (will be fixed in the next version). Unfortunately some vendors seem to handle the vendor ID quite carelessly ;)

Thanks for the update looks really impressing. The only problem I have, is that I can't stream on my Ipad like I could before.It works fine on the computer.

I have tried to delete the hardware in DVBViewer and Recording Service and detected them again. I have tried to use a 64 bit ffmpeg latest, and 26 december and also the 32 bit version. Any suggestions?

I'm using a HDHomerun tuner BTW.

And have attached support.zip file.

I'm running the 64 bit 26-12-2011 version ffmpeg.

support.zip

Edited by Bjur

for me streaming is working even with 2500kbs, normal preset, and image is very good.

I have an quad core q6600@3.4ghz, cpu usage is 21% with ffmpeg.

The previous version of RS was fine, but on this particular device neither the stock browser nor Dolphin HD will render the page correctly - see attached Timeline screenshot.

In this case the bar along the top with the provider & day/date forward/back and sizing buttons does not display. During page load it flashes up but once the actual program data is displayed it appears to be overwritten. Additionally the channel icons down the left hand side are displaced downward about half an icon by the word 'BSkyB' which should of course belong in the missing date/time row and also the timeline starts at the beginning of the day (rather than current time).

Further issues related to the above but on the other RS tabs are:

TV Guide: Almost displays correctly (timeline bar about 75% visible)but buttons don't seem to work

Channel EPG: No program content displayed at all (though channel list tree is there)

Configuration: The config data overlaps the main DVBViewer name/icon at the top of the screen

Interestingly on my Samsung Galaxy S phone (Android 2.3.5) the page displays fine with both the above browsers.

Appreciate any thoughts as to what might be the cause of the page layout corruption on this device. Hopefully it is operator error (me) as this is quick and easy to fix!

Regds,

Chris

Have you tried other browsers, like Opera or firefox. For me Opera works fine in Asus eee pad.

Edited by jkeskir

Have you tried other browsers, like Opera or firefox. For me Opera works fine in Asus eee pad.

Good call! Seems fine in Opera Mobile, strange that the other browsers can't render properly. I shall make Opera the new default and dump the others. As a bonus Flowplayer also works in Opera (though not quite as well as via UPnP).

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

2) In the Timeline view I click a channel to start the streaming pop up window. While it is visible and active if the mouse moves over the background Timeline window it steals focus from the streaming pop up window and moves the streaming window *behind* the Timeline window. Under Chrome and Firefox the background Timeline window updates but does not steal focus from or move the Timeline window on top of the streaming pop up window.

Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to add some extra information regarding this particular issue. The problem as previously listed is still happening. I have noted a small distinction that may make finding a solution for this problem a little easier.

When I click on any program in the program grid area of the display I get the special pop up window with the full program information. The rest of the window is dimmed and becomes the exit button to close the special pop up. If I press the streaming button within the detailed information pop up the streaming pop up appears but the background window remains dimmed and still functions as the close button for the detailed information pop up. The streaming window itself is a regular pop up window with the normal windows control bar.

On the other hand, when I click on any of the channel logos I get the streaming pop up window. This is the same window as appears above. However when launched from the channel logos this window appears but the background window does *NOT* dim and remains active.

The solution to the problem I reported may be to make the streaming pop up similar to the detailed information pop up where the background is dimmed and becomes the close button for the pop up. In that way the background window will not steal focus from the current streaming pop up window. Alternatively, both pop up windows can have a close button added to the UI and the background window simply becomes dim and inactive until the pop up window is closed.

I hope this observation and explanation makes sense and helps get this issue resolved for us IE8 users on Windows XP.

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks for that analysis, I can reproduce this on IE8, 9 on XP and W7. The issue is related to the focus handling of IE; IE puts its window on top of all other windows while catching the focus. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to circumvent that without breaking other functionality. As an easy workaround I just can suggest to minimize the main browser window while streaming or (as you found) to start streaming from the epg detail page.

In the news of RS 1.9.3.0 shows:

You don't need to stop the streaming anymore, it will be stopped as soon as the playback is stopped.

When streaming with webinterface this new works fine, but not when streaming to the Iphone. Server continues streaming until "stop streaming" button is pressed.

I have upgraded to the 1.9.3 just recently and must say that i am impressed. The improvements to the previous verison are enormous. For example can i finally stream with more bandwidth (5mbit is no problem) as the encoder seems to be much better! The webinterface is also much better, although a nicer look on the iphone would be great.

all in all i am very happy! streaming on ipad, iphone and PC works great!

In the news of RS 1.9.3.0 shows:

When streaming with webinterface this new works fine, but not when streaming to the Iphone. Server continues streaming until "stop streaming" button is pressed.

Confirm this bug.

Also, after watching tv on CHANNEL A for example on Iphone, and i want to watch tv on PC with DVBViewer, the program started with CHANNEL A, and when i want to change channel it gets back to CHANNEL A. I could not change channel.

I need to stop and start again rec service.

I think that its because streaming is not stopping on Iphone.

Bug 2: some icons appear ok on PC webpage, in DVBViewer, but does not appear on Iphone webinterface,i try resizing the picture like 80x80 or something, not working.

With previous 1.9.2 all icons was appearing.

Bug 3: Do not forget for future rec service that channels without EPG does not appear at all on Iphone.This is a serious bug that affect alot of my channels.

Edited by bogdan1980

Are you using the current version of ffmpeg? The current ffmpeg version can be found here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Had the same problem as you, but after a reboot it worked streaming with the FlowPlayer.

I also have the same problem. Direct Stream and stream with VLC (old method) works. But with the FlowPlayer it doesn't work even after reboot. Which version of ffmpeg do i have to use? I've downloaded the file ffmpeg-git-670229e-win32-static.7z, is it the right one?

EDIT: Found the solution. Don't downloaded the latest (from february), but the latest when Recording Service was released, (i.e. the last in december: ffmpeg-git-f514695-win32-static.7z) and the stream works!

Edited by Berni

FFmpeg git-01fcbdf 32-bit Static (2012-01-27)

today this is the latest that work with flowplayer.

Any newer then this only work with direct player.

Hello!

I am experiencing problems with the recording service that I did not have with release 1.8.0.1

When I schedule a recording, once it starts the recording service will stop at start periodically and nothing is being recorded. I know it is a shitty TV card that I have but it works on an older installation on another PC (I am moving the installation to another less power consuming Atom based PC).

DVBViewer itself works fine, I can both view and record TV, but the recording service does not work. In svcdebug.log I can see the below information which I believe is illustrating the problem:

13.02.12 17:49:30.376 StartRecording REALTEK DTV Filter (2)

13.02.12 17:49:30.376 tuning Realtek cable mode

13.02.12 17:49:30.377 tuning Realtek cable mode

I have attached the support.zip file

I hope someone is able to either help me or point me to a location where I can download version 1.8.0.1 which works fine on my other PC.

BR,

René

support.zip

You haven't installed correctly. DVBViewer Pro is still using the tuners rather than Unicast devices. Read the Wiki instructions for installing RS.

You haven't installed correctly. DVBViewer Pro is still using the tuners rather than Unicast devices. Read the Wiki instructions for installing RS.

I did read the wiki. However I am not using the main DVBViewer Pro application, I am just using the recording service. However I am assuming that you are refering to the section where the DVB cards are being disabled to avoid conflict. I just tried that, the result is the same, the recording service refuses to tune (or so it seems from the log).

BR,

René

Do you know what is wrong?

Please, send me older version, if you can't fix this.

It crash again.

http://pastebin.com/2Zdeb7ry

I think is time to lift recservice to next level. I'm so ready to pay recservice, if you can do faster bugfix and new relases. And please, do not remove old version from members area, before new one is stable.

Edited by janip

try using vendorID 33 and see if it crashes also. going back to an older version won't fix the problem in the long run.

I know... Older version just works fine.

If you find problem, please report here.

So lame, when you lost recordings. Can't see any windows crash pop-up, service just hangs.

Why recservise does not send crash report to windows log? I use other beta program too and if program crash i just run restart command via windows task manager.