how to change channels numbers and order ?

bobox59

Hi bobox59,

IMO the best way is to create a "Favourites" list, where channels starts from "0" (where you can put some useful channel, I put an allnews channel, or you can double channel "1") and goes on, one by one, from the top of the list to the bottom, even if you create some folders in it...

And no worry when you have to rescan channels, "Favourites" list is rock stable: you can also delete the whole channel list and do a rescan or feed in a file .ini created by a TransEdit scan (look for it in members area...) and every channel is automagically relinked in the exactly same place...

:bye:

Agreed, 'Favourites' is the way to go.

However, what I (and I assume the OP) would like to see is a way of numbering the channels. For example, here on Freeview BBC4 is channel number 9 and I can just press 9 on my TV's remote to get to it. I can't do that in DVBv.

Simply go to "Settings / Options / Input" and map numbers remote's buttons to "Favourites #" instead of "Number #": this way you can tune the Favourite #9 pressing the remote button "9", or Fav #33 pressing 2 times the remote button "3" and so on...

:bye:

Hi,

thanks for the responses.

i've finally found a solution,

i have modified my channellist with the free editor to have approx. correct numbers

i think the best way to have correct numbers is to make dummy channels inside the channels.dat.

ex:

1-TF1

6-M6

7-'dummy'

8-The 7th channel in list i want at number 8

Thanks all.