which is the best satelite card ever ?

mido hamdy

Hi to all ,

I want to buy the strongest pc satelite card .

Which is the best :

Prof Revolution 8000 PCI-E

specificatin link : http://proftuners.com/prof8000.html

or : Skystar 2 eXpress HD

or any thing else ?

i want the best and strongest satelite tuner for pc . my using is full hd channels on 1080p resolution monitor .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

maybe you should see digital devices tuners,

http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62357162.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62357162/Categories/TV_Karten_DVBSS2

on dvb word peoples say it's the best tuners money can buy.

I strongly disagree.

They are not the best. They are full of problems, poor support which frequently consists of blaming people's hardware and then telling people to go out and buy a new PC to solve compatibility issues with their cards.

Look at all the revisions they make to fix problems. Unfortunately, anyone with a problem card wont get a replacement to solve the compatibility issues.

Rather than fixing stuff, they add more features which creates more problems.

Hell would have to freeze over before I purchased any more of their cards.

maybe you should see digital devices tuners,

on dvb word peoples say it's the best tuners money can buy.

Accords with my experience (Cine S2 V6), and as a developer I have tested many cards extensively. Up to now I found only one Cine S2 V6 issue (sometimes TransEdit skipped transponders when scanning with a Unicable LNB), but after reporting it to the driver programmer it was fixed within a day.

However, I can't say anything about the CI module, because I don't use it, and cards / drivers may behave differently in different PCs... so I think there is no "best" card in general. It depends on individual circumstances and what a user wants / needs.

Hi to all ,

I want to buy the strongest pc satelite card .

Which is the best :

Prof Revolution 8000 PCI-E

specificatin link : http://proftuners.com/prof8000.html

or : Skystar 2 eXpress HD

or any thing else ?

i want the best and strongest satelite tuner for pc . my using is full hd channels on 1080p resolution monitor .

Hi

Depends what you mean by "best"...

I have or previously used the following cards as they are very sensitive for weak signals.

Blackgold BGT3600 - Dual DVB-S2, Dual DVB-T2/DVB-C (good tech support, quick delivery, linux support)

http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Products/BGT3600

Otherwise, I these are good, but only single tuner devices...

Technisat Skystar USB HD (good tech support, no linux drivers)

Technisat Skystar HD2(good tech support, no linux drivers)

FireDTV(built-in CI, but not a dual/quad tuner)

Also tried a few others that I returned under 7 day distance selling act, as one overheated and others couldnt pick up channels that the cards above could.

Accords with my experience (Cine S2 V6), and as a developer I have tested many cards extensively. Up to now I found only one Cine S2 V6 issue (sometimes TransEdit skipped transponders when scanning with a Unicable LNB), but after reporting it to the driver programmer it was fixed within a day.

However, I can't say anything about the CI module, because I don't use it, and cards / drivers may behave differently in different PCs... so I think there is no "best" card in general. It depends on individual circumstances and what a user wants / needs.

That's just it, some cards don't work well or properly with some motherboards. It's all at the consumers risk which is wrong IMO. The makers sell the cards and it's the consumer who foots the bill. They should test their cards with all motherboards and make the results available, that would mean that if things didn't work, it must be something else responsible.

Which dual tuner cards that you tried were able to receive weak channels the best? If you have a list that would be nice to see.

Hi

Depends what you mean by "best"...

I have or previously used the following cards as they are very sensitive for weak signals.

Blackgold BGT3600 - Dual DVB-S2, Dual DVB-T2/DVB-C (good tech support, quick delivery, linux support)

http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Products/BGT3600

Otherwise, I these are good, but only single tuner devices...

Technisat Skystar USB HD (good tech support, no linux drivers)

FireDTV(built-in CI, but not a dual/quad tuner)

Also tried a few others that I returned under 7 day distance selling act, as one overheated and others couldnt pick up channels that the cards above could.

What other cards did you try? Naming some names would be helpful.

Hi

Technisat Skystar HD2 work perfect on Linux. If you are using old kernel and old linux version you can install s2-liplianin drivers. New kernel have driver inside.

• 9 months later...
There are many people which have problems with the Technisat Skystar HD2 (a re labelled Twinhan AD- SP400 CI).

I think technisat no more made the skystar HD2.I buy this card for 33e(rest of stock I think).

I suffer the problems related in varios topic forum.signal lost en s2 channel after time etc etc...

I search and search over internet.An I arrive in a russian website speaking how view a new russian paid service with the skystar HD2 using the ci module and with the card from the provider.

The tutorial is very interesting.Because they tell you,you need unistall technisat drivers.An install a new drivers from here:

http://www.azurewave.com/Support_Utility_Driver.asp

This driver installed the version 1.0.2.200 from july 2010 and transforms the HD2 in azurewave device.

And magic the problems with the skystar HD2 disappears.No more signal lost in s2 channels.

Maybe this can help.

Edited by tic