DVBViewer Pro has stopped working

TVSeer

Hi DVBViewer users.

I have used DVBViewer in Windows Vista 32 Bit for a couple of years now with my TT-budget C-1501 Digital Cable TV PCI Card.

I never had any problems with DVBViewer.

Now i can watch a TV channel on the DVBViewer for 1-2 minutes, then the DVBViewer crashes,

and i get a message from Windows Vista saying: "DVBViewer Pro has stopped working".

This happens every time i start DVBViewer.

I have absolutely no idea of how to solve the problem.

I hope that someone can help me.

My graphics adapter is an ASUS ENGT240 with an Nvidia chip, and not an ATI card, as it says in support.zip.

Driver from Nvidia Version: 8.17.12.7533 Date: 20-05-2011

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530 Core 2 Quad

Regards TVJD

I have attached the support.zip file.

support.zip

Hi Tjod.

Thank you for your help.

My problems started when my cable TV supplier started to broadcast in MPEG4. I did not have any problems, when the compression was MPEG2.

The problem is still present when running DVBViewer in safe mode, but I discovered that DVBViewer only crashes on some TV channels (In both normal and safe mode).

I can - among other Standard Definition signals - watch the channels below without crashing DVBViewer:

TV3 (Standard Definition) 3,2 Mbit, 48 khz, 192 kbps

Kanal4 (Standard Definition) 3,2 Mbit, 48 khz, 256 kbps

DVBViewer crashes when I watch the Standard Definition channel below:

DR1 (Standard Definition) 12,2 Mbit, 48 khz, 192 kbps

( I wonder why the bitrate is 12,2 Mbit on this Standard Definition channel. I would guess it should be around 3,2 Mbit like other Standard Definition channels ).

I can - among High Definition Signals - watch the channel below without crashing DVBViewer:

ZDF HD (High Definition) 10,2 Mbit, 48 khz, 256 kbps

DVBViewer crashes when I watch the High Definition channels below:

DR HD (High Definition) 14,3 Mbit 48 khz, 192 kbps

TV2 HD (High Definition) 12,4 Mbit 48 khz, 192 kbps

I hope this information can give somebody a hint about the solution to the problem.

Regards TVSeer

Hi Tjod.

I think you might be right. I have just found out that DR 1 is a High Definition channel (720p), and not a Standard Definintion Channel.

I seems that DVBViewer only crashes when i watch High Definition channels.

It might be a HD codec problem.

Should I uninstall the DivX codec package, and install another codec package?

Regards TVSeer

Hi Tjod

I have tried to change the DivX Codec settings in Control Panel in Windows Vista. I unchecked the option "De-interlace video" for DivX,

but it did not make any difference. DVBViewer still crashes when tuned to HD channnels.

Regards TVSeer

Hi Tjod.

I found out that DVBViewer actually works with most High Definition channels. Only 4 High Definition channels does not work.

When I tune in one of the 4 channels the computers RAM usage goes from 36% up to 95% and then Windows terminates the DVBViewer.

My computer has 2,5 GB. RAM, and when I tune in one of the High Definition channels that works, DVBViewer uses about 40 % of the computers RAM.

I read a post in this forum about a memory leak occuring when the DivX codec was in use.

If this is the case, can you recommend me another HD codec?

Regards TVSeer

Hi entrecour.

Looks like the LAV filters solved the problem!

No more DVBViewer crashes, and no memoryleak.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Mvh. TVSeer