Unnecessary retune of DVB card

bpos

I've got an issue when using DVBViewer recording service with dual DVB cards. I have the main HTPC which has 2 DVB cards which are tuned to the same satellite with 2 independent LNBs. While watching a TV channel on the main PC through the DVBViewer, I try to open another TV channel on this satellite from the 2nd networked client - the TV channel opens fine, but on the main HTPC the picture freezes until a retune attempt on the 1st tuner will be made.

When both PCs are showing TV channels there are no issues. This happens only in the beginning at the initiliazation phase of the 2nd client.

The same happens if I start a translation from the iPad through web-interface.

This is what appears in logs when the issue occurs:

Checkdevices     Sending retune to TeVii DVB-S/S2 Receiver (2)

But this issue isn't bothering me, when the second client loads up the DVB-IP (IPTV) interface instead of the DVB-S.

I'm watching FTA channels. The same task worked fine with MediaPortal 1.2.0, so I cannot blame the hardware.

The DVB cards are these: Prof 7301, Tevii S470.

DVBViewer version 4.5, 4.9; Recording Service 1.6.2, 1.9.3 - tried both versions, no difference. I have tried changing most of the hardware settings, DVB card order in the recording service - no use.

For me this looks like a bug.

support.zip

Further investigation showed that changing the DVB card order actually helped to solve this issue. I thought I have done this before, but looks like I was changing the DVB-IP card order instead of DVB-S card.

I guess this is someway hardware-driver related and it's not DVBViewer's fault.

This topic can be closed and removed. I'm really sorry.