DVBViewer not selecting the required multiplex from timer mode

JohnH

Hi,

I have searched the forum pages but cannot find anything relevant to this problem.

The problem I am experiencing is that timer record events are not always acted on (timer-shift not yet tested).

If the tuner (terrestrial) has been set to 1 channel IN THE PAST, and one is NOW trying to record a channel that is on a different multiplex using the timer then the record fails (not started, but the entry just remains in the timer list until it expires).

To be clear when the timer tries to start recording the new program, it will succeed IFF the tuner is STILL set to any channel on that multiplex. BUT if the tuner has been set, in the past, to a channel on a DIFFERENT multiplex (such as from a previous timer event) then NO recording occurs (tested with & without using the "Apply" button).

So when the timer becomes active for a new recording, it seems that NO instruction is sent to the tuner to change the multiplex that it is tuned to, or if it is then the TV card does not act on it. The TV card passes the compatibility test for DVBViewer.

If one goes to the channel list & double-click on ANY channel on that multiplex, OR to the timer list & double-click on the first record entry in the list, the recording then starts when due OR immediately if a timer event is active.

Hence the BG tuner card can obviously see multiplex-change instructions when sent from the DVBViewer (4.9.0.0), but only if sent manually.

Any help in trying to get fully automatic timed recordings will be much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------

Required info:

Support file - attached

TV Card: BGT3630 (BlackGold DVB-T2/T/C/S2 Device (IR)), Driver: Black Gold 8.1.1.2

Chipset: Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family (ASUS P8Z68-M PRO mobo)

Graphics Card: Integral to Intel i5 2500k processor (no separate GPU card used), Driver version: Intel 8.15.10.2509

support.zip

Disable the MS Media Center Receiver Service. This can block DVBViewer from using this card.

And it looks like there is a problem with you recording folder. I think this is on a network share and something goes wrong with it.

So try a local recording folder.

Disable the MS Media Center Receiver Service. This can block DVBViewer from using this card.

And it looks like there is a problem with you recording folder. I think this is on a network share and something goes wrong with it.

So try a local recording folder.

[Thank you for your comments.

I have now made the recording folder "not-shared" & retested but the problem still persists.

Not sure what you mean by "Disable the MS Media Centre", but:

1) looked in the MC settings & could not find anything relevant that would disable it.

2) looked in the "Turn Windows Features On & Off", and turned off all the media features (DVD Maker, Media Centre & Media Player) & retested & still no timer start.

So unless I try uninstalling the MC then I am not sure what else to try ? /quote]