crash during initialization

krasno

Hi

when I turned on PC today I realized dvbv can not start.

-or in other words:

If I try 10 times it starts one time, but in standby,(no channels tuned) if I then try to tune a channel it crashes.

The other 9 times it crashes during start up, when the green line are at "Completing initialization"

In all cases windows comes up with a message that DVBViewer Pro has stopped working, and a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.. blah blah..windows will notify you blah blah..

Yesterday I did not have that problem.

Way back in the past I had a similar problem if I had gmail open, but that is not causing problems after I totaly reinstalled Win7. and chrome and g-mail is not started when I try now.

I have tried restart and so on, start and stop recordservice.

PC was new installed about a month ago, and almost only dvbv. is installed on it.

Any one that can figure out what is wrong?

don't know what happend to the support.zip file.. I try again..

added later: re-installed dvbv. but the problem is still there.

Problem is also there if I start a movie from windows Explorer.

support.zip

Edited by krasno

Hello again

Looks like it was a Windows 7 update yesterday that caused the problems.

I made a system restore to a restore point made at that update and now dvbv. works again.

It was an update for Windows Defender KP915597 (definition1.119.772.0) - if anyone can use that information..?

so now I hope dvbv. keeps working :)

Maybe the restore removed the ffmpeg codec?

nope, it's still there and in use.. and why you think that?

Better suggestions for codec is always welcome :)

Before the new installation of PC I used Power DVD, but unfortionately the DVD with Power DVD is broken..

Crashes are often caused by codec issues. System Restore would have removed any recent changes to settings. e.g. VideoB or a specific option. Still, I'm glad to hear it's working.

Microsoft Win7 video codecs seem OK for general use. Less need for others than in earlier Windows. Do you find ffmpeg better or more efficient?

I just downloaded that Windows update and DVBViewer started first time.

Crashes are often caused by codec issues. System Restore would have removed any recent changes to settings. e.g. VideoB or a specific option. Still, I'm glad to hear it's working.

Microsoft Win7 video codecs seem OK for general use. Less need for others than in earlier Windows. Do you find ffmpeg better or more efficient?

I just downloaded that Windows update and DVBViewer started first time.

My experience is that picture quality is terrible bad with windows codecs, especially if I use my projector. (Sanyo Z3)

And now the bad news:

Something really strange happened, all evening dvbv. worked, could start and stop, and I did that really many times be course I was looking through a lot of old recordings this evening.

and then all of a sudden the problem came back.!!

The only way I could start DVBViewer again was to start a recording from Recordservice and then start Dvbv., and then stop the recording.

After that dvbv. could start again as normal.

Or maybe a coincident?... good question..

And why did I try that solution? I dono.. just an idea be course all evening recordservice had been recording in background..

For now and while dvbv. worked I switched to Microsoft codec.. just in case you know :)

But I have not-so far deleted ffmpeg from PC, but think I should try to use ffmpeg again to see if the problem comes back.

Tomorrow.. it's too late now..

and by the way: I can see that windows definition update I mentioned is installed sucessfully on the 28th of january, so it's still there. And maybe has nothing to do with it?, maybe it was something else that happend after that restore point? who knows?

Anyone knows what dvbv. does in the very end of initialization? tune a channel? or? as told earlier it often happens that dvbv start in standby, and have difficulties in tuning a channel when that happens. Stand by at start up is something I have never seen before. maybe I have a channel list problem somewhere?

well as said it is late...

:)

Try to use ffmpeg only for audio and LAV Filter for video, if LAV Filter didn't work and DVBViewer launch MS codec, unregister MS codec's with Win7DSFilterTweaker. ffdshow is terrible for video DVB-T H.264 even dont work with ffdshow DXVA, I'a using Arcsoft or LAV Filter codec's for mpeg2 and h264, in LAV filter using DXVA2 copy-back. OS WIn7 x64

I noticed that DVBViewer Pro always fails initialisation on the first attempt after Windows 7 restart or login to a user account. Later attempts are OK. Maybe starting in Debug Mode would give more info.

Dvbv. worked today.. really funny :blush:

tomas.jurksas:

I have now downloadad LAV and set dvbv. up to use LAV-Filter.

Look's like it works fine ( said after 35 seconds TV watching:) hehe )-and have not tested on projector yet.

Qbox user

I have notiched that also, but only if I start dvbv. too fast after windows start- like before all icons in the taskbar are loaded ( virus scanner and so on..)

If I wait until Windows is 100% started if has never happened here.

But I have seen the problem if I closed down Dvbv. and started it again too fast.

That dvbv. start in standby and that the first channel in fav. list can not be tuned until channel two (same transponder) are tuned is something I have never seen before.

I think maybe that problem is in the channel list, I notiched yesterday very late that I have really many double and trible channels on 0.8W.

I always end up with doubles if I rescan with trans-edit. Properly me that mess around in where the lists are stored (CMUV and DVBV. folders)

sometimes that is a little confusing I think and not very logical, but maybe that's just me? :wacko:

Anyway.. for now everything works, and will clean up in channellists!! or let me put it this way: I'll try :)

have a nice evening! and thanx for your inputs!! :biggrin:

Try to use ffmpeg only for audio and LAV Filter for video, if LAV Filter didn't work and DVBViewer launch MS codec, unregister MS codec's with Win7DSFilterTweaker. ffdshow is terrible for video DVB-T H.264 even dont work with ffdshow DXVA, I'a using Arcsoft or LAV Filter codec's for mpeg2 and h264, in LAV filter using DXVA2 copy-back. OS WIn7 x64

When using LAV filters I loose all sub-titles, on recorded stuff (also old recordings) live Tv still have sub's.

I found this:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/17519-postprocessor-plugin/page__st__15

but nothing helps, If I turn back to ffmpeg sub's are back.

Any idea what is wrong now, or what to do about it?

I noticed that DVBViewer Pro always fails initialisation on the first attempt after Windows 7 restart or login to a user account. Later attempts are OK. Maybe starting in Debug Mode would give more info.

confirm this, an big bug.

When using LAV filters I loose all sub-titles, on recorded stuff (also old recordings) live Tv still have sub's.

I found this:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/17519-postprocessor-plugin/page__st__15

but nothing helps, If I turn back to ffmpeg sub's are back.

and I can add: if I download latest version of Haalisplitter, all sub's comes back when I use LAV filters.

I have NO idea why (w00t)

as long as it works...