v4.9 + .srt subtitles problem

themaster1

Actually you're right. I usually watch .mkv/.srt files in another player but I just checked a video (with exactly matching filenames, in the same folder, and which works in the other player) and DVBv (4.9.0.0 on Win7 x64) doesn't see the subtitles at all, not even in right-click / Subtitles.

I also noticed that in Options / Subtitles, the Lng 1: and Lng 2: selection boxes do not "stick" when I select 'English'. They're empty next time I restart DVBv. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Edited by SimonP

I'm sure it would be better if you take off the subtitle which is integrated in the movie, not the srt sub !!

PS: you can do that by an MKV software "mkvmerge GUI"..

Finally, i'm not the only one experiencing this

This is not a solution to bind the .srt in the mkv , the issue must be fixed point blank. Thus far .srt subs were detected just fine and now we're going backwards.

Let's make a test, download this video (9 MB) which is a sample of the new tv series Alcatraz, the .srt is included and try to read it in DvbV 4.9.Do the subs display, do you have the option to manually

Link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ftwzk

Hmm that's strange, i have cut the subs with subtitle workshop for the 9Mb sample video and now it display on DVBViewer, i have the option to enable it manually.

Edited by themaster1

Your sample works for me.

I just checked again what I was seeing and it's very odd. I'm looking at a folder containing 24 episodes of a TV series in .mkv (H.264 AVC) format along with matching subtitle files. Randomly, when I play some of them in DVBv the subtitles don't automatically select but appear in the right-click subtitle menu as "Stream [0]". When I play others, there is no sign on the subtitles, despite them working perfectly in other viewers.

There is definitely something odd going on and it looks as if it may have something to do with the number of files in the folder, although I'm afraid I don't have much time for testing it further at the moment.