RS 1.9.3.0 DNLA Samsung PS51D550C

Bootross

Hi, Thought I'd post here 1st as was just wondering if I am doing something stupid somewhere before going down the support route!!

I have used the search feature and cannot see anything in the English section and although I do not speak German I have looked and also cannot see anything in there apart from messages saying it should work at default but there all seem to be for the older TV's (series 3/4's)and this is a series 5 model.

Is there anything specific I need to do to enable the Samsung PS51D550C to receive a HD stream via UPNP?

The TV sees the server no problem at all and I would think that as I am in the UK it would reject the BBC streams due to them being 1440x1080 but C4/E4 and my PayTV channels which are 1920x1080 I would think would work but all I get is a "video codec not supported message".

The connection between the machines is Wireless N and has no problem streaming the same HD streams to me HTPC sat next to the TV but was wondering if it was the way the Samsung buffers and the connection possibly result in this message (I am unable to try a wired connection at the moment but have ordered a 25m LAN cable to try this) or does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers, Bob.

Hi, I use a Samsung LE37C579 (so series 5) and streaming works with limitations for german HDTV Channels in 1080i and 720p. The higher the bitrate the more frequently I experience freezers. But for no channels that I receive (limited to Astra 19,2E) did I ever get a "video codec not supported" (got that only in case of some 1080p50 footage from my video-cam).

The freezers are probably either caused by the lan connection via powerlan (dlan) or by the samsung's way of bufferings stuff (rather the latter since - as in your case - things work fine when streaming to a pc DVBViewer-client). You might experiment a bit with the Web/UPnP options if you haven't done yet - good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I use a Samsung LE37C579 (so series 5) and streaming works with limitations for german HDTV Channels in 1080i and 720p. The higher the bitrate the more frequently I experience freezers. But for no channels that I receive (limited to Astra 19,2E) did I ever get a "video codec not supported" (got that only in case of some 1080p50 footage from my video-cam).

The freezers are probably either caused by the lan connection via powerlan (dlan) or by the samsung's way of bufferings stuff (rather the latter since - as in your case - things work fine when streaming to a pc DVBViewer-client). You might experiment a bit with the Web/UPnP options if you haven't done yet - good luck

Hi, maybe You can help me:

I have DVBViewer 4.9 but for my purposes I have not installed recording service; now I got a new Samsung BD-Player and the idea is to use it as DLNA client in conjuction with DVBV Recording Service. Unfortunately I discovered that ALL Samsung A/V products, intentionally DO NOT support anamorphic encoded video (unless the mp4 container is used) in the sense that Pixel Aspect Ratio is ALWAYS assumed 1:1 !!

So before installing DVBV Recording Service, have You tried watching a Live Tv SD channell which is for sure anamorphic ? (720x576 16:9 or 4:3 DAR)

Many thanks for Your kind reply

Cheers

L.