Quality level

esperado

Hi. Any way to get a 'Quality level' bar-graph, watching a TNT TV channel ?

I can have the level in the status bar, but not the quality.

Too, is it possible to have an idea of the real level (µv) available on the antenna plug ? I have two different TNT cards, and they show a different % level on the same channel in the same time.

I have two different TNT cards, and they show a different % level on the same channel in the same time.

The level is reported by the hardware and the driver. Mostly the values are not very meaningful. DVBViewer can do nothing about it.

The GE edition shows signal quality with my tuner, even though the Pro version doesn't.

I'm unable to make my Pinnacle PCTV card working if GE (it works like a charm in DVBVewer pro). I do not know why.

My Avermedia works in the both programs. And, yes, i can read "quality: 100%". So, it would be good to add a quality level meter in the pro version.

Edited by esperado

Finally, i was able to set my Pinnacle TNT card to work. Adding the France.ini file from DVBViewer pro in C:\ProgramData\DVBViewerGe\transponders.

It is really boring, both for GE and for the Pro version that this kind of files, witch exists in the program folder is read in such exotic places !

Please, devs, all in a unique folder (the one of the program), do not follow the schizophrenic bad habits of M$, with files everywhere !

Please, devs, all in a unique folder (the one of the program), do not follow the schizophrenic bad habits of M$, with files everywhere !

Sorry, not possible. All configuration files that can be changed by the user (including transponder lists that can be edited with TransEdit) must be stored in a place granting write access. The originally installed transponder lists in the program files directory are supposed to be a backup.

Sorry, not possible. All configuration files that can be changed by the user (including transponder lists that can be edited with TransEdit) must be stored in a place granting write access.

So complicated to give administrator rights to the prog during install ?

Well, not so important, just boring.

I do not undestand why people use UAC, this is stupid. I never use that crappy option.

I use an good firewall and antivirus, KIS.

I do not undestand why people use UAC, this is stupid.
I don't understand why some windows people, still work as Admin user. That is the main reason why there are so many virus.

I use an good firewall and antivirus, KIS.
lol

Sounds like "My car has an Airbag, so I don't need a seat belt at all"

So complicated to give administrator rights to the prog during install ?

Not possible. However, an exe file may contain a manifest requesting elevated rights, thus triggering an UAC prompt each time when the program is launched.

If you want to use the DVBViewer installation folder as configuration folder, you can do the following:

1) Give normal users write/edit/delete rights for the DVBViewer installation folder (Program Files\DVBViewer) by right-clicking it -> Properties -> Security...

2) Edit the file UserMode.ini in the DVBViewer installation folder and change UserMode=2 to UserMode=0

3) Copy all configuration files and sub-directories from the configuration folder to the installation folder.

However, this is not recommended, because it perforates the Windows security concept.