Big problem with my BlackGold BGT3540

SABBA2

Hi

As a topic mi BlackGold BGT3540 don't work with VHF frequences

UHF frequences works very well!

Which is the problem?

What are the two 3 pin jumper over the board?

Can be an hardware problem of BGT3540?

Do you think if i buy newest model i'll give the same problem?

I have a USB-DVBT key and it works on VHF frequence :-/

BGT3540_jumper.jpg

Someone please help me! Thanks!

I don't need analogue or S_Video input

I need DVB-T channel on VHF frequences

I mean VHF = CH.5-12 = 177.500-226.500 KHz

See picture:

What mean PAT PMT SDT?

On VHF they don't be green, only PAT yellow

Im1.png

Im2.png

474.000 KHz works ok

Im3.png

Hi SABBA2,

no BlackGold here but you can try to analyze those transponders with "TransEdit" (you can download it from Member's Area) to check how good is the signal reception with the card and with the DVBT key: if they look different despite you use the same cable to feed them, then the BlackGold tuner is too short in sensivity for VHF...

:bye:

Signal is good, my usb pen can receive VHF frequences

BlackGold is a good board

So i think a hardware problem

I don't know what are the 2 two 3 pin jumper

Maybe i should trye to close one of it?

I'm thinking to buy BlackGold 3620 the new series

Tonight if i have time i'll trye TransEdit, thanks

Any other ideas?

AFAIK it mean that do there is some signal, but it cannot be read correctly, e.g. because of weak signal...

Different sensivity/ability to deal with dirty signal are normal; I buyed ~5 years ago a Pinnacle DVB-T USB key that has a good overall sensivity, but is pretty "deaf" below 500MHz even with 100% quality signal: it can't tune at all (red "PAT") the RAI Mux on CH 23. Before you ask: yes I've already returned the Pinnacle for a new one (some model) and the result is the exactly the same...

About the pins, Google is our friend:

"2 x S-video auxiliary inputs, 1 via rear panel mini DIN socket and the other via an internal pin header, are provided to enable viewing from external video sources, or to enable the digitisation of old analogue TV recordings or home movies for storage or archiving to hard drive or DVD."

"2 x S-video auxiliary inputs, 1 via rear panel mini DIN socket and the other via an internal pin header, are provided to enable viewing from external video sources, or to enable the digitisation of old analogue TV recordings or home movies for storage or archiving to hard drive or DVD."

I make several search on google but found nothing!

And i found no pdf manual :/

THX

AFAIK it mean that do there is some signal, but it cannot be read correctly, e.g. because of weak signal...

Different sensivity/ability to deal with dirty signal are normal; I buyed ~5 years ago a Pinnacle DVB-T USB key that has a good overall sensivity, but is pretty "deaf" below 500MHz even with 100% quality signal: it can't tune at all (red "PAT") the RAI Mux on CH 23. Before you ask: yes I've already returned the Pinnacle for a new one (some model) and the result is the exactly the same...

Do you live in italy?

So, can i do?

I'm thinking to buy BlackGold 3620 the new series

It work on DVB-T2 standard

Can it be a good idea?

Or buy what?

Or change kind of antenna?

Wait a moment.

One is like you say. S-video auxiliary inputs an internal pin header

And the other one?

I suggest you contact the manufacturer for confirmation of the card's capability. It was designed for the UK market, and there's no VHF TV in the UK. A search produced comments from a Swedish user about failure to get T2 on VHF, despite a driver modification.

I suggest you contact the manufacturer for confirmation of the card's capability. It was designed for the UK market, and there's no VHF TV in the UK. A search produced comments from a Swedish user about failure to get T2 on VHF, despite a driver modification.

I have already contat but they responce me only one time

Here is what they say:

The card should see the lower frequencies.

This may be a DVBViewer issue, or if DVBViewer is checking registry settings, it may be that you need to alter a registry setting.

Go to the 'Search for Programs and files' dialog box and enter 'Regedit' to open up the registry editor.

The go to 'Edit', 'Find...' and search for the following registry key: DVBT_Force

You should find two registry keys:

DVBT_ForceUHFTo7 and

DVBT_ForceVHFTo8

Check their values and alter if you need to.

The value of DVBT_ForceUHFTo7 needs to be '0'.

The value of DVBT_ForceVHFTo8 needs to be '1'.

I have searched this keys with Regedit, but i have find nothing.. <_<

or if DVBViewer is checking registry settings,

DVBViewer does not check tuning related registry settings.

DVBT_ForceUHFTo7 and DVBT_ForceVHFTo8

Looks like the registry keys refer to the DVB-T bandwidth which usually is 7 MHz for VHF and 8 MHz for UHF. This setting is part of the DVBViewer DVB-T transponder lists that are used for scanning. It can be changed easily with TransEdit (download from the members area). DVBViewer and TransEdit pass the bandwidth value to the driver when tuning takes place.

Many DVB-T devices ignore this setting because they are able to detect the bandwidth automatically. Dunno what is required in your case and how it is handled by the BGT3540. If the tuner expects a certain bandwidth that differs from the actually broadcasted bandwidth, you may get no signal.

Hi SABBA2,

I make several search on google but found nothing!

I googled for "BlackGold BGT3540 pin" and the second link (where I found the quoted phrase) is http://shop.blackgold.tv/BGT3540...

And i found no pdf manual :/

Me too; isn't there one with the card?

Do you live in italy?...

Yes, but before buy another card you'd better try to dig where's the problem with TransEdit...

I buy BlackGold BGT3540 on ebay, so i have no manual

I trye TransEdit, it work on UHF frequences, but nothing on VHF

I trye to change some senttings, but nothing

There is something i must to do?

thanks for help

There is something i must to do?
Yes, please: attach the very same cable you use for the DVB-T key to the BlackGold and post here a copy of TransEdit analysis window on a frequency that do work with the DVB-T Key...

Anyway, if it show nothing at all then IMHO you have to consider the reply QBox gave you:

Can you give me a link of this thread?

Yes, please: attach the very same cable you use for the DVB-T key to the BlackGold and post here a copy of TransEdit analysis window on a frequency that do work with the DVB-T Key...

Here is

119.5.png

474.png

Can you give me a link of this thread?
Is in this same tread, post #14...

But I found BlackGold-BGT3540 specs here, where they say that it's VHF capable, incredibly from 49MHz on!

If that's true, and having seen posted TranSedit analysis, IMO most probably the BGT3450 have a really really low VHF tuner sensivity, or your card get's unfortunately damaged...

Sorry if I ask, but do you really need a DVB-T2 card today? And for which channel(s)?

Sorry if I ask, but do you really need a DVB-T2 card today? And for which channel(s)?

No, i don't need

None channel

I found this on ebay

TerraTec Cinergy T PCIe Dual DVB-T

Someone have it?

Can be a good board?

Edited by SABBA2

I've got over the time various TerraTec products (actually using two Cinergy Stick) and I'm fully stisfied by this brand, but I don't know about this specific card...