While VMR9 works great, EVR crashes dvbviewer

oMikR0n

I am facing a problem on latest DVBViewer in Windows 7 x64 with installed codecs only from k lite codec pack. When i select EVR as my Custom video renderer, DVBViewer crashes. But in the other hand with VMR9 its working great. I also remember that before my full reinstall of windows on my pc it was ok and it was also using the exact same software. Can anyone help me a little bit about it please? I attached my support.zip

I agree....

By the way, codec is not mentioned...wich one???

As mentionned in many posts, don't use codec pack when it is easy to make Cyberlink Power DVD codec work with DVBViewer...especialy with ATI graphics. it's too bad not using the excellent ATI post process(desinterlacing vector adaptative, ESVP...) active under W7 with UVD compatible codec only.

For the audio, Lavfilter is excellent too...

Edited by trifon33

ohhh forgot to mention it.. Is ffdshow but i get the same results whatever i choose!

The idea being to get rid of all FFDShow trace...I suggest to restore at the point before codec pack installation and set DVBViewer with defaut Microsoft DTV codec.

It is not the best in term of picture quality but ATI UVD is fully supported and perfectly predictible.

In the past, I observed certain FFDShow issues can make a lot of mess in the renderer...

Edited by trifon33

The idea being to get rid of all FFDShow trace...I suggest to restore at the point before codec pack installation and set DVBViewer with defaut Microsoft DTV codec.

It is not the best in term of picture quality but ATI UVD is fully supported and perfectly predictible.

In the past, I observed certain FFDShow issues can make a lot of mess in the renderer...

Hmm it works ok with Microsoft DTV codec. Weird, maybe i got confused the last time i checked. Thanks a lot for your help mate. In my opinion codec guide pack its really nice and clean. It also have a build in broken codec checker (codec tweak tool) which fixes any codec mess. You should try it again...

I suggest you start again from the very begining...W7 SP1 install w, 12.1 Catalyst...All MB drivers updated....

FFDShow is not good for DVBViewer anyway..prefer PowerDVD codec and Lavfilter for audio...

Edited by trifon33

I installed PowerDVD 11 Ultra Edition but i see no powerdvd decoder in directx DVBViewer settings! Do i miss something?

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/48336-can-i-use-power-dvd-11-as-codecs/page__p__355860#entry355860

This solution is OK if you are willing to buy PowerDVD then make the codecs available for DVBViewer.

Alternativly, the codecs in question along with Arcsoft ones are available at DVBking(Google).

No need to install anything else...

Plus Lavfilter for audio.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

Anoteher trick is to try to installl Avermediacenter:

http://www.avermedia.com/Support/Download.aspx?Type=Software&id=532&tab=APDriver

I am not sure but I suspect this software can be installed without detection of the Avermedia USB TNT dongle driver.

This software install PowerDVD codec available for DVBViewer.

It's worth to try that...

Edited by trifon33