Rebuild recordings history trouble

majstang

With new RS 1.9.4.1 i had troubles rebuilding the recording history (refresh db). Had to stop the service and delete the whole svcdatabase and restart it to make the rebuild work. Perhaps the recent UTF-16 issue had a part in that.

Oh, sorry! The information was directed at the developer. Recording history database includes season and episode information for series and this is the data the check for previous recordings function uses in order to avoid recordings of re-runs. On the RS/task page there is a Clear recording history command and it cleared the history alright, but wasnt abled to rebuild it through the refresh db command. Removal of svcdatabase.db3 was necessary to be abled to rebuild rec.history db.

Did some more testing. Nope, the recent UTF-16 issue had no part in it. This is a new bug for sure. The pattern can be repeated each and every time when clearing the recording history and trying to rebuild it. recordlist cant receive any data after being cleared. Only solution is to delete svcdatabase.db3 and then do a refresh db.

oh it's not a bug, it's a optimization gone too far. :(

Before refresh and update the recordings database did actually read all the entries even if it was not necessary because they didn't change. Now the service remembers the last write date of the recording and info file and only rereads them if there was a change. And guess what, yes the recorded history database was only updated if the whole entry was read.

Well ok it's a bug. I'll fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

and where the heck does the RecordingService saves its entries for the Info Tag of a recording?

I can change it, then it's OK, even the txt File is updaded but not modified, then I remove the recording, cleanup the recordingsdb, readd the recording (mpg, log and txt file), rebuild recordings db and the old shit I just edited/removed appears again. I also deleted every sqlite DB in C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Database. It appears the stuff is also available in the MPEG File? because when I just create a 0-byte mpeg file then I do not have Text for the Info field I've removed earlier.

well, _I_ do _NOT_ see anything of EPG extra info in MPEG2 recordings with the Windows Explorer :)

please tell me how to actually see them. Is there a CLI tool or similar?

please tell me how to remove them without copying the file to somehere else !NTFS-FS

well, _I_ do _NOT_ see anything of EPG extra info in MPEG2 recordings with the Windows Explorer smile.gif

The display of the recording proterties is done via the recording properties explorer plugin. It does only support ts files (I have no idea why I decided on that, maybe because I only use ts for recordings... ;) ).

You could try this http://www.DVBViewer...824#entry274824 :)