Current/In Progress Recordings Info

Nigel P

Hi

Is there an API/WebService that will allow me to extract what the Recording Service is currently recording?

(The info on the Status webpage would be ideal) so I can display this on a 4x20 char LCD display.

Thanks

Nigel

You could use the api/timerlist.html. you have to sort the entries by date/Starttime yourself and look for <Recording> Tag <> 0. this would give you all needed information about running recordings (could be far more than one) and you could calculate the next upcoming recording(s).

The entires should be selfexplaining.

You could use the api/timerlist.html. you have to sort the entries by date/Starttime yourself and look for <Recording> Tag <> 0. this would give you all needed information about running recordings (could be far more than one) and you could calculate the next upcoming recording(s).

The entires should be selfexplaining.

Thank you - That looks very useful. One more question though, I wanted to find out which Tuner is being used. Is that possible?

Thank you - That looks very useful. One more question though, I wanted to find out which Tuner is being used. Is that possible?

Yeah, it's possible!

My approach to this thing you wanna do is to download the whole statuspage into a variable and start picking out the strings you're after. For example starting with this Autohotkey function and go from there:

UrlDownloadToVar("http://127.0.0.1:8089/status.html?aktion=status", OutputVar)
msgbox % OutputVar

UrlDownloadToVar(URL, ByRef Result, UserAgent = "", Proxy = "", ProxyBypass = "") {
   ; Requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT Workstation 4.0,
   ; Windows Me, Windows 98, or Windows 95.
   ; Requires Internet Explorer 3.0 or later.
   pFix:=a_isunicode ? "W" : "A"
   hModule := DllCall("LoadLibrary", "Str", "wininet.dll") 

AccessType := Proxy != "" ? 3 : 1
   ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG                    0   // use registry configuration 
   ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT                       1   // direct to net 
   ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY                        3   // via named proxy 
   ;INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG_WITH_NO_AUTOPROXY  4   // prevent using java/script/INS 

io := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpen" . pFix
   , "Str", UserAgent ;lpszAgent 
   , "UInt", AccessType 
   , "Str", Proxy 
   , "Str", ProxyBypass 
   , "UInt", 0) ;dwFlags 

iou := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpenUrl" . pFix
   , "UInt", io 
   , "Str", url 
   , "Str", "" ;lpszHeaders 
   , "UInt", 0 ;dwHeadersLength 
   , "UInt", 0x80000000 ;dwFlags: INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD = 0x80000000 // retrieve the original item 
   , "UInt", 0) ;dwContext 

If (ErrorLevel != 0 or iou = 0) { 
       DllCall("FreeLibrary", "UInt", hModule) 
       return 0 
   } 

VarSetCapacity(buffer, 10240, 0)
   VarSetCapacity(BytesRead, 4, 0)

Loop 
   { 
       ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wininet/wininet/internetreadfile.asp
       irf := DllCall("wininet\InternetReadFile", "UInt", iou, "UInt", &buffer, "UInt", 10240, "UInt", &BytesRead) 
       VarSetCapacity(buffer, -1) ;to update the variable's internally-stored length

BytesRead_ = 0 ; reset
       Loop, 4  ; Build the integer by adding up its bytes. (From ExtractInteger-function)
           BytesRead_ += *(&BytesRead + A_Index-1) << 8*(A_Index-1) ;Bytes read in this very DllCall

; To ensure all data is retrieved, an application must continue to call the
       ; InternetReadFile function until the function returns TRUE and the lpdwNumberOfBytesRead parameter equals zero.
       If (irf = 1 and BytesRead_ = 0)
           break
       Else ; append the buffer's contents
       {
           a_isunicode ? buffer:=StrGet(&buffer, "CP0")
           Result .= SubStr(buffer, 1, BytesRead_ * (a_isunicode ? 2 : 1))
       }

/* optional: retrieve only a part of the file
       BytesReadTotal += BytesRead_
       If (BytesReadTotal >= 30000) ; only read the first x bytes
       break                      ; (will be a multiple of the buffer size, if the file is not smaller; trim if neccessary)
       */
   }

DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", iou) 
   DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle",  "UInt", io) 
   DllCall("FreeLibrary", "UInt", hModule)
}