4.9 Win7 Fullscreen behavior

bbbkada

When using the Maximize window button, DVBViewer goes to fullsreen mode and checks the show->Fullscreen option, just as it should.

But when using the new "Maximize window" function in windows7 by moving window to screen top, just maximize the window size but not fullscreen.

If you look at the drop menu show-Fullscreen, it is checked!, if you now deselect fullscreen or doubleclick DVBViewer, it returs to non-maximized mode at the last known position.(wich can be on another screen)

If you just started DVBViewer and "windows7 roof-tap" the window, it goes to Maximized. If you then doubleclick, it doesnt seem to have any stored position and goes to size 0:0 at position 0:0.

Would be nice if "Windows7 Roof-tap" gave real fullscreen, and also saved current window position.

I have windows7 64 bit, 3 screens and DVBViewer Pro V4.9.0.0

/Rolf

I've checked it, and I can confirm your findings. Particularly this one is fatal:

If you just started DVBViewer and "windows7 roof-tap" the window, it goes to Maximized. If you then doubleclick, it doesnt seem to have any stored position and goes to size 0:0 at position 0:0.

I coudn't find a way out. No way to restore the normal window size. Finally DVBViewer Pro crashed and had to be terminated forcefully.

It's probably caused by

But when using the new "Maximize window" function in windows7 by moving window to screen top, just maximize the window size but not fullscreen.

If you look at the drop menu show-Fullscreen, it is checked!

I don't know how and why DVBViewer Pro identifies this state as "full screen". It isn't, at least not in the DVBViewer sense. And if you try to switch a full screen state off that actually hasn't been established, things go wrong badly.

The DVBViewer full screen is a special state, different from normal maximization. DVBViewer kind of "catches" all Windows messages saying "maximize" and, by overriding the normal handling, does its own thing. However, in case of Aero Snap (what you call "roof-tap"), DVBViewer doesn't receive such a maximize message. Windows 7 only sends move and resize messages and does some obscure handling in the background, without telling the application "you are about to be maximized".

So if you ask me... I think the Aero Snap feature is pretty useless for video playing applications, and it would be the best to disable it at least for the DVBViewer main window. But even that is a hard job, because it's difficult for an application to detect when it happens - see above ;)

• 1 month later...

I just updated my DVBViewer 4.9 and thought I need to report a bug because aero snap is not working anymore. Now I read in the changelog that disabling it was actually a bug fix, why that?

I always use this "Aero Snap" feature, because I don´t want fullscreen, but maximized window. I could not find another way to enter maximized window.

Could you please make this bug/feature optional, so Aero Snap can be enabled again in the DVBViewer settings for those who like/use it? I always use aero snap and I never experience any crashes. For now I´ll stick with 4.9.0.0

I second that.

Also, versions over 4.9.0.0 handles changes between 4:3 and 16:9 channels differently.

I mostly use DVBViewer in the upper right corner, and until 4.9.0.0 DVBViewer handled aspect ratio changes well: only modified the vertical size, so the window stayed in the upper right corner.

After 4.9.0.0, changing aspect ratio also changes horizontal size, so the window becomes actually smaller, and also leaves the right border of the screen.

I think I stick with 4.9.0.0 too.