Unicable support for Tevii S660

franco888999

Hi,

I have tried the unicable (settings in hardware.xml) with the tevii s660 but with no luck, I think that your problem is in the voltage behavior (13v->18v->13v) for the diseqc command but I know for sure that there is a workaround for this, also I have ask to tevii support with this responce:

Dear Buono,,

Thanks for your letter.

Our hardware and driver can work with unicable because it uses DiSEqC commands.

But our software doesn't support unicable.

So, if there is software supporting our DVB cards and Unicable then it will work.

BR,

TeVii Support

Please can we do some test?

Have you tried transedit? The unicable support has been improved (as well as the tevii handling) but will only be available in the next DVBViewer release. Transedit does support the new hardware handling, so you may use it to test unicable.

Have you tried transedit? The unicable support has been improved (as well as the tevii handling) but will only be available in the next DVBViewer release. Transedit does support the new hardware handling, so you may use it to test unicable.

No I haven't tried yet, I will try and after I feedback to you thank you.

Hello,

I have tried with transedit 3.8.3.0 downloaded from member section but only few channel are found (33).

I have attached an image with the output of the tuner but how you can see there is a strange behavior becouse the high voltage to send the unicable diseqc command I think that remain too many time at 18v, in my vu+ uno the diseqc command is about 200ms but in your case is 2sec.

How can I view what is command send to the lnb?Is there the possibility to debug?

Best regards

post-122676-0-90850900-1330767646_thumb.jpg

think that remain too many time at 18v, in my vu+ uno the diseqc command is about 200ms but in your case is 2sec.

I think you are right. Unfortunately we can't change it. TeVii drivers don't support Unicable explicitely, which means, there is no function to change the voltage directly (as far as I know).

So the voltage change must be achieved by dummy tuning: Tune with horizontal polarization for 18 V -> send the Unicable DiSEqC command -> tune with vertical polarization for 14 V. That's what TransEdit does in case of missing driver support for Unicable, and it may take too long, particularly if the driver waits for a tuner lock on first tuning.

Whether this method works or not depends on the tolerance of the Unicable router (and maybe on an Unicable antenna socket like Kathrein ESU 33 that disconnects a receiver if it holds 18 V for more than 400 ms). I've tested it here with different devices that are not fully Unicable compatible, and it worked, though the 18 V period was too long. My Inverto Unicable LNB didn't mind... other Unicable routers probably will ;)

If you want a device with real good Unicable support, you may want to have a look at this one. It's the only DVB card with a driver that can be configured for Unicable, so that it works with all DVB applications, even if they know nothing about Unicable (e.g. Windows Mediacenter).

If you want a device with real good Unicable support, you may want to have a look at this one. It's the only DVB card with a driver that can be configured for Unicable, so that it works with all DVB applications, even if they know nothing about Unicable (e.g. Windows Mediacenter).

I know...............I have saw that Tecnotrend is supported too, you can confirm...in particular the old S2-3600 is it supported?

in particular the old S2-3600 is it supported?

In TransEdit/DVBViewer yes. And the driver provides a voltage switching function (installing special TechnoTrend support for DVBViewer resp. ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll required). However, it wouldn't be my first choice. The TT 3600 LNB power supply is known to be a bit weak, and if the Unicable LNB / router power consumption exceeds the maximum, the device switches the power off in order to protect itself.

There was a user report about the TT 3600 USB and Unicable saying that it doesn't work, and another report saying that it works... I managed to make it work with the Inverto Unicable LNB, but only after adjusting the voltage switching / DiSEqC timing in TransEdit (will also be fixed in the next DVBViewer release). So you can't be really sure... however, several users reported success with the TT 3200 PCI & Unicable.

Really thanks for your useful information, only another question, have you tried or have you information about the sundtek dvb s2 ultimate ? It would be interesting for the use with my vu+ too. The Sundtek support have told me that this device work with your program, have you?

Best regards

I think you are right. Unfortunately we can't change it. TeVii drivers don't support Unicable explicitely, which means, there is no function to change the voltage directly (as far as I know).

TeVii drivers support direct LNB voltage control, just set polarity via IBDA_FrequencyFilter::put_Polarity(Polarisation Polarity) (or direct KSPROPSETID_BdaFrequencyFilter::KSPROPERTY_BDA_RF_TUNER_POLARITY on tuner filter input pin). No need CommitChanges. Same method used on DVBSky (Mistique Satix-S2 Sky series).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I sold the TeVii in favor of TT-S2-3600 that work very well with DVBViewer and unicable, the only thing (and I don't know why) is that the zapping especially for HD channels is too slow from 4 to 10 sec but I will ask in a new thread.

Thank you very much.