"Script is taking too long to execute" dialog box

Kiwi_Tim

Hello,

I have been getting a dialog box popping up as DVBV 4.9.5.1 starts up. The box disappears after a couple of seconds. Says something like "A Script is taking too long to execute". DVBV runs completely normally. The dialog box never appeared in earlier versions. I'm using Recording Service 1.9.4.1 Beta. All tuners (Tevii S480, Hauppauge HVR-3000, Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus) on DVBV are Unicast from RS on the same PC. Tried selecting different options under Options/Scripts, but not with any satisfactory outcomes. The PC is W7 Ultimate 32bit with AMD triple core 3.4 GHz Athlon II, 4GB DDR2-800. The PC is generally very responsive and quick. Doesn't have any issues with infection (Comes up clean with antivirus scan from Vipre Internet Security 2012).

Currently don't have access to my TV PC, so can't post a support.zip right now. Can do that tomorrow if needed, but hope someone might have a short explanation as to why this is happening and a possible solution. Found something in the German forum, but Google translate didn't make much sense of it, so I'm none the wiser.

Tim

New Zealand

Hi again,

Here is my support.zip and here the exact text of the dialog box.

Title:

"Script Control"

Text Content:

" The script you are executing is taking longer than expected to run. Click End to abort the script, or Continue to continue script execution."

Buttons:

End

Continue

Found this post, but its in German, which I can't understand.

http://www.DVBViewer...__1#entry360081

Never seen this before the current version of DVBV, and nothing else has changed on the PC.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

support.zip

This is a known problem in 4.9.5.0 and 4.9.5.1 in connection with the Recording Service.

Temporary fix remove ...\DVBViewer\Scripts\windowload.vbs and maybe startrec.vbs and stoprec.vbs as well.

Thanks Tjod, I think I'll just live with it until a future release fixes it. Not a major problem, but was wondering if it was a problem unique to my configuration. Obviously not.

I don't know if it's my imagination (perhaps it is), but the HD video seems to look brighter and sharper in since 4.9.5.0. Did you guys tweak it some?

Tim