DVBViewer Pro Has Stopped Working

gohan2091

I've been using DVBViewer Pro for years now and occasionally when I try and open it, after the splash screen, it would crash with the message "DVBViewer Pro Has Stopped Working". I would try and open it over and over and eventually it would load. Today I tried and open it and it came straight on. After an hour, I closed it and then opened it again 30 minutes later and it crashed with that message. I tried reopenining it about 30 times now and it just won't successfully open.

In Event Viewer (Windows 7 64bit) I get this:

Faulting application name: DVBViewer.exe, version: 4.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x1398
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd089d0b7b4565
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4ea4ade0-7490-11e1-84c9-002522bd94b1

and

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: DVBViewer.exe
P2: 4.9.0.0
P3: 2a425e19
P4: StackHash_64fb
P5: 6.1.7601.17725
P6: 4ec49b8f
P7: c0000374
P8: 000ce6c3
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\Deadman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER94D7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Deadman\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_dvbviewer.exe_2ce54ad24dfa5ea41335cea7f6972de8afd4040_17939a63

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: c95d24b8-748f-11e1-84c9-002522bd94b1
Report Status: 1

What does this mean? Can anyone help? Why does it load sometimes and other times it crashes? It can successfully open when I click DVBViewer (Safe Mode) but I can't view anything like that. Debug mode crashes, and I don't see what that does, I cannot find DVBViewer logs.

Edited by gohan2091

Indicates that it's most likely a plugin that crashes.

The only plugin I use is for the remote control. It did use to crash before I used this plugin (when I used another remote control plugin) I really don't think it's that but I shall disable it and see how things go in the next few days.

I just disabled the remote control plugin by loading up DVBViewer (Safe Mode) but it has not helped, I have tried opening DVBViewer many times now, it just crashes. I reinstalled it but again it did not help. Is there a log file I can submit? I paid for this great software, I would like it working :(. I also tried deleting the ProgramData\CMUV folder so it can generate a new one but it's no use.

Edited by gohan2091

..have you ever thought about submitting a support.zip? :rolleyes:

Yes, I said in my earlier replies that I tried to find some sort of error log file but couldn't find it. Running in Windows XP mode seems to solve the problem for now but it's still too early to tell. I just read the sticky thread on this forum about the support tool. If I have this problem again, I will use it.

Thanks

1. Video card NVidia ? Try update drivers.

And post support.zip because we need to turn the crystal ball to know your config.

Edited by tomas.jurksas