Service does not prevent suspend/hibernate while recording

Hi,

I just installed the latest version of the DVBViewer(4.9.5.1) and Recording Service(1.9.4.1) and I'm still having the problem that I can suspend/hibernate the PC while a recoring is running.

I thought this problem had been fixed.

Regards

Aydan

support.zip

Edited by aydan
and I'm still having the problem that I can suspend/hibernate the PC while a recording is running.

An application can't prevent it under Windows 7. It was possible under XP, but MS doesn't allow it anymore.

You need to allow Away Mode in the Windows energy options. Then, if you suspend the PC manually while a recording is going on, only audio and the display will be switched off, because DVBViewer and/or the Recording Service are setting the ES_AWAYMODE_REQUIRED execution state flag.

Away Mode creates the illusion that the PC is suspended (that's how MS describes it!), but the system remains awake. However, it does not apply to hibernate. So the only thing you can do is "hands off" :)

If you don't believe it or if you still have problems, please read the MS documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463208

However, it does not apply to hibernate. So the only thing that you can do is "hands off" :)

Do you happen to know if that applies to hybrid standby as well?

Regards

Aydan