Dvbviewer startup: Synzip popup ?!

themaster1

I can't start DVBViewer today, first time this happen to me in 3 years probably

A window pops up " SynZip -3" what the hell is that ?

I'm not sure if it's related to the fact i have installed a new software today or not (mpeg2 encoder from mainconcept).

I need a solution asap thanks

PS: if you need a support log let me know (i don't remember how all this works)

Well i have installed the v4.9.5 and guess what, nothing work now:

- no video or audio on DTT/SAT

- all channels on my DTT favorites channels list are grayed out

I have chosen "modify existing setting" and installed Lav A/V filters that's it what did i do wrong ?

Edited by themaster1

Looks Like You Have A NEW BUG.....DVBViewer Pro V4.9.0.0 Win Xp Pro SP3.... I have it as well after a reboot.

I had to restart my test machine just after midnight to load a registry change testing a remote control on several media players.

and the bug SYNZIP -3 popped up (the other media players appear unafected)

all was OK just before the restart.

I rolled back my registry change no effect... still have SYNZIP -3 popup. (googled it says it is python??)

well as this is my test sytem, I have just started my living room system, it has the same error popup.........IT WAS OK JUST AN HOUR AGO.

Its my Bedtime I will create a support zip in the morning and post it.

I have not had a windows update today to my knowledge. looks like a friday the 30 march bug in python or sumsuch....

Best Regards

CellZapper

I had this problem too on my v4.9.0.0 in an old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. I thought it was related to Flash upgrades I got since I didn't have this error on Monday night. Sheesh! I upgraded DVBViewer Pro, and no more problems. :)

Thank you for pointing out my stupidity

I had only installed 4.9.0.0 three weeks ago, I stupidly thought I was up to date.

I will of course update to 4.9.5.1 ASAP.

I wish you guys would tollerate fools like me with a more polite response to my (I thought helpfull) addition to a bug report. Put it down to being 0200 hours and we are all tired.

Thank You For prompt 24 hour support, it is well appreciated.

CellZapper