OMICOM S2 PCI new driver

Omicom officially announced hardware BlindScan support and other extensions in new BDA driver 1.3.327

The changelog: (from the driver developer)

Full support of all revision Omicom S2 cards (and also 16/32APSK for the version with STV0900AA chip).

Control of the tuner/demodulator is optimized.

Level/Quality of a signal in "Technotrend style". (Level=SNR*5, Quality=f(BER)

Support ToneBurst-switches.

Multisream-filtration support.

Support of receiving parameters of a stream.

Extended monitoring information about signal (RFLevel, SNR, BER)

Hardware BlindScan support.

All Microsoft DiseqC expansions are realized (it is used in Windows7 WMC for Diseqc 1.0 support)

The supply voltage of LNB is by default increased on 1 volt. (it is possible to reduce by 1 volt through a "CableLossCompensation" driver option)

Now Omicom S2 works very well with DVBViewer PRO/GE, TransEdit and RS. :)

But however, I would like to ask that some positions were optimized in software.

1. It would be good to add hardware BlindScan instead of "bruteforce attack" in TransEdit for Omicom. ;)

Already there is a commandline tool of BlindScan capable to work directly with the new BDA driver Omicom, but nevertheless.

2. It is better to replace signal-quality on SNR-level for more informative (for TransEdit and DVBViewer GE). Because getting always 100 % (Quality) is not really informative. :)

3. Support multisream-filtration in software would also like to.

4. See also the document omcbda.txt for the realization other ideas. Information about specific BDA-extensions for programmers attached. :radscorpion:

If it is required I will support here the back reports as a beta-tester, if developers become interested to make something for improve. :)

omcbda-sdk.zip

OMICOM-BDA-V1_3_327_0.zip

It would be good to add hardware BlindScan instead of "bruteforce attack" in TransEdit for Omicom

Won't happen. I came to the conclusion that such a feature is highly incompatible with the internal TransEdit structures, and that it would be much easier to write a separate tool for it. Someone should do it who can test it. I have no Omicom card and no equipment for receiving SCPC / low symbolrate transponders, where blind scanning becomes a tricky thing...

It is better to replace signal-quality on SNR-level for more informative (for TransEdit and DVBViewer GE). Because getting always 100 % (Quality) is not really informative.

For this I need precise information about the values and range returned by the driver via IBDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalStrength(). Since the MS BDA documentation is very imprecise, every vendor does his own stuff in this respect ;)

For this I need precise information about the values and range returned by the driver via IBDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalStrength(). Since the MS BDA documentation is very imprecise, every vendor does his own stuff in this respect

Well, simply in DVBViewer PRO shows SNR level, but in TransEdit and DVBViewer GE quality level. as the same is done there.?

..elsewhere it has been speculated that Omicon went out of business

Omicom in Moscow write that their site the next time was attacked by hackers, and now for omicom.ru look for a reliable hosting.

Now in Ukraine a site of the distributor to the address http://www.skymaster.com.ua/rus/sputnikinet/files/

@Griga:

If you have TT S2-1600 - you can use debug Omicom S2 driver.

New vendor-specific extension for carrier search easy-to-use (instead brute-force cycles need only one driver call). Multistream (Italian TIMB DVB-T muxes) available @12.5W.

Edited by CrazyCat69
  • 1 year later...

For this I need precise information about the values and range returned by the driver via IBDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalStrength(). Since the MS BDA documentation is very imprecise, every vendor does his own stuff in this respect wink.gif

hi.Griga
I returned again to this topic.
I learned this information for you.
IBDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalStrength has a values range from 0 to 100
highest value means best signal. More accurate method than get_SignalQuality. Make use it for GE/TransEdit, with Omicom devaice.
P.S.
IBDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalQuality. same range from 0 to 100
here is how the driver calculates
code from Omicom driver:
if(Signal.BER < 10e-5) // 0.0001
quality = 80; // 80%
else if(Signal.BER < 10e-4) // 0.001
quality = 60; // 60%
else if(Signal.BER < 10e-3) // 0.01
quality = 40; // 40%
else if(Signal.BER < 10e-2) // 0.1
quality = 20; // 20%
else // (Signal.BER >= 10e-2)
quality = 0; // 0%
if(lock)
quality += 20;
else
quality = 0;
As we can see only these values will be displayed: 0-20-40-60-80-100%
BDA_SignalStatistics.get_SignalStrength has a values range from 0 to 100 . highest value means best signal. More accurate method than get_SignalQuality. Make use it for GE/TransEdit, with Omicom device.

Thanks for the information. I will use get_SignalStrength for Omicom devices in future (which means, the same procedure as for old technotrend devices like s2-1600 and S2-3200).