EPG don't work correctly

Mostly Harmless

Hello,

you have to close the DVBViewer before you are deleting the epg.dat. After the DVBViewer is started then is no more (false?) EPG-Data available. It creates a fresh EPG for every Transportstream or Transponder that is tuned and saves the EPG in a new EPG.dat.

Many Greetings

Webturtle

Edited by Webturtle

Hello,

I do always close DVBViewer before deleting epg.dat  and new epg.dat was created after running DVBViewer, and EPG don't show.

I use DVBViewer for Terrestrial TV.

EPG and now I see in other programs which come with USB Astrometa DVB-T2. I don't know what happened with DVBViewer.

D.

Edited by dtaurus

Add:

I have a problem only on the MUX1 (like a transponder), while on MUX3 (Epg is showed), I did a tried to delete all channel and rescan, the problem is still present.

D.

Edited by dtaurus

Deleting the epg.dat only removes old collected EPG data.

To collect EPG data for a channel, you need to tune a channel on the transponder for around 30 sec.

If no EPG data is collected it can have multiple reasons:

1. you PC clock/date is wrong
  2. the channel doesn't provide EPG data or has a error in the data it transmits
  3. soothing is wrong in the channel data in the DVBViewer channel list

Hello,
I did checked clock/date is correct.
I did try to delete channel list.
And I did try to scan via transedit 4.2.0
And in transedit I see epg in transedit in EIT PID.

transedit.jpg

• 1 year later...

April 4, 2012: EPG don't work correctly

August 19, 2018Change/Fix: EPG: New strategy for handling arriving EPG data in relation to already present data that enhances the EPG update behavior. Additionally potential access violations after EPG data deletion were fixed.

Thank you so much for the QUICK solution.