Transponder files lost

QBox User

I had an unpleasant surprise when I opened TransEdit today. All my DiSEqC settings had been lost (or set to defaults) and some of the transponder lists were missing. It looks like the complete Transponders directory has been deleted and over-written - maybe during recent updates to DVBViewer Pro 4.5.1 and RS 1.9.4.

This didn't happen after previous updates. What did I do wrong this time?

It took a while to restore things. Extended settings were restored (from saved settings file?) as soon as the "Extended" option was selected, but Position/Angle settings had to be copied manually from the Channel Editor, and I had to obtain copies of the missing ini files.

I've added the CMUV/DVBViewer folder to my weekly Windows backup to protect against future issues.

Got it, thanks. The missing files were in the Config/backup folder.

Was that a recent change? Didn't see it in the changelog.

It had been necessary because in the release before that the transponder files had been renamed and that really messed everything up.

So we had to get a clean transponders folder with only the new transponder files and not the mix of new and old.

Just don't delete or move the folders from the backup folder. Otherwise with the next setup it will happen again. :/

I only use some of the satellite files plus one I created for my local terrestrial transmitter - is it OK to copy these back to the operating folder? The sat file names won't have changed, will they? My files will contain the Network names showing which transponders have been scanned or have no signal.