Cannot get channel names on D*N

parker

I'm currently using the demo version to evaluate this product. I currently purchased genpix skywalker-2. And was evaluating DVBViewer and DVBDream.

I'm using the latest BDA driver (1.0.0.4) from genpix. This is the best dvb-s card I have ever owned. The build quality is just "Made in USA".

That being said. I'm able to scan w/o issues and I see all the channels from 110W, 119W, 118.8W (using dp44 + power inserter).

Issues so far:

All the channels have "Service ####" names.

I have tried to scan again with "update channel names" checked as well.

How can I fix the channel names?

2. (This may not be an issue with DVBViewer at all)

Scanning 118.8 was pain. First I had to use

LOF1: 10750 LOF2: 10750 SW: 0

Then I read somewhere and I used

LOF1: 10750 LOF2: 13850 SW: 0

to get the rest of the channels.

What is the correct setting for this sat?

Other than that, I like the interface and dvbv feels more solid.

The LOF depends on the LNB. Default settings 9750MHz low band and 10600MHz high band are for a universal lnb.

All the channels have "Service ####" names.

Service names are taken from the SDT which has a fixed PID for DVB compliant multiplexes. Here in Europe we can't receive these positions. Probably it's not DVB. You could try with ATSC settings.

I'm using DISH 1000+ LNBF. 119W and 118W share a common large central lnbf with separate ports for two sats.

SDT, I did a little search and some post say that SDT takes lot of time to arrive (not sure what it means). how to I force dvbv to wait a little longer? :biggrin:

Hi,

i'm not familiar with the demo version and i'm not sure about the ability of tweaking the timings. Anyway what happens if you keep the unnamed service untouched, set a check on "Auto-Update channel" under the menu item channels and tune it? I know this is probably not the smartest solution, but i guess the authors might be able to say something to this issue?

Cheers

Holger

Ok, did some more research. Looks like I had to modify the ini file for bandstacked lnbf.

I changed all the H frequencies to V by using 24600-H=V formula. And use LOF1: 10750 LOF2: 10750 SW: 0

That scans everything perfectly.

One more annoying issue, I hooked up my MCE remote and I cannot tune to a channel using SID. It always uses logical channel numbers to tune a channel.

Is there a setting to use SID instead of numerical order of the channels found?

Thanks!