Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI - Problem with Conax

logos66

I see that I misplaced my post by mistake under Deutsch section. Therefore I post it here again;

Hi! I have XP Pro SP3, Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI with brand new Conax TechniCrypt CX modul and our local DVB-C provider's card installed. I use DVBViewerPro v4.9.6. Everything works great, except I can not watch encrypted channels. "Show Cam" in DVBViewer's View menu is gray, therefore I am not able to edit "Show Cam" command. I have already googled for the solution, searched forums, but found nothing helpful. Can you please help me? Conax modul & card works OK with my LG TV. Many thanks in advance. Greetings from Slovenia.

P.s.: I use DVBViewer more than a year now and it is excellent program. I even stream cable TV to my android via Recording Service and VLC. It's great, and as I said I'm happy with the program. I recommend it.

• Like 1

I found the solution for my problem by myself. My cable operator replaced Conax modul from Technisat TechniCrypt CX to SMIT. Voilà, Smit modul works OK, "Show Cam" menu is active now.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I found the solution for my problem by myself. My cable operator replaced Conax modul from Technisat TechniCrypt CX to SMIT. Voilà, Smit modul works OK, "Show Cam" menu is active now.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem! Did you really succeed with Smit module so that you could watch encrypted channels? I have also got "Show Cam" menu active but it remained blank all the time and TechniCrypt CX module would not decrypt any channels.