4.9.6: DVD Playback: Can't seek

masz0

Using DVBViewer 4.9.6.0, I can't seek during DVD playback. The timeline is greyed out. You can drag the current position, but it will just revert to the previous position. All you can do is skip chapters, or go to the title menu.

This started when I recently reinstalled Windows Vista (Home Premium, 32-bit) and after that a newer version of DVBViewer - 4.9.6.0. Previously I had been using 4.9.0.0.

I tried different codecs, but had no luck. Despite not finding anyone else here that has the same problem, I tried to revert back to version 4.9.0 and found that in it DVD seeking works! Only problem with it is that you can't navigate DVD menus using mouse.

Filters listed in View > Filters:

EVR Renderer (Custom)
Default DirectSound Device
Audio Callback                   [greyed out]
ffdshow Video Decoder
AC3Filter
DVD Navigator

I doubt these have anything to do with it (since my problem is about DVD playback), but since they're a requirement for posting, I'll put them here:

My DVB-T sticks are:

• Artec T14BR, driver version 3.6.0.1 from 19.2.2007
  • Fuj:tech (REALTEK 2832U), driver version 86.1.220.2009 from 20.2.2009
  • Pinnacle Diversity PCTV (2000e) Dual Tuner, driver version 3.12.4.0 from 18.6.2008

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E Pro, Intel P55 chipset

Graphics card: (Powercolor) Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB PCIe, driver 296.10

Support.zip files:

support_4.9.6_no_dvd_seeking.zip

support_4.9.0_dvd_seeking_fine.zip