Broken recording from timeshift in 4.9.6

Hi.

In the 4.9.6 version recording from timeshift buffer is broken for me. Start timeshift, wait a few seconds, navigate to some position in the buffer (not the end) and start recording. After stopping I have either a zero-byte file or very small non-empty file or simply unreadable file. Version 4.9.5.1 is OK.

support.zip

Confirm this bug with 4.9.6( i never test this with 4.9.5)

18.04.12 11:18:11.845 E:\Inregistrari\11-17-55_Digi Film HD_Iarta-ma daca-ti spun Te iubesc!.ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 0,00 KB - Device: DVB File Device

support.zip

Edited by bogdan1980

For me it is now broken in other way.

Watch something for a long time with timeshift on(like 20-30minutes).

Navigate back to some position in timeshift and start recording. Recording file will start growing very fast and if you finish the recording after like 5 seconds the file will contain recording of 2-5 minutes. It records 10-20x more time than you actually watched during recording.

Edited by iriskin

Yes that's the way it's meant to be. It does a high speed recording until it reaches the end of the timeshift buffer and then records live at a normal speed.

Would you prefer to have a realtimespeed recording? A 3 hours timeshift buffer would take 3 hours to be converted instead of seconds (or minutes).

iriskin, IIRC timeshift recording always worked in such way.

EDIT: admins were faster :)

Lars_MQ, I suggest such option: record with a realtime speed and after stopping recording (or moving timeshift slider) high speed recording till the slider position and then realtime speed recording again. This means no unnecessary things in the recorded file.

Of course you can always remove spare data later using an external editor.

Edited by A.M.

Tjod, Lars_MQ, A.M.

Thank you, guys! Didn't know that. I thought it was meant to quickly record some small part of the file(like a goal in football) when you don't need the whole program but just need a couple of moments and you've been watching it with timeshift. As A.M. wrote you can always edit file with external software but it might be a bit longer in some cases. I understand the purpose it has now but it would be cool if realtime recording from timeshift was an option too.

Thx.

Edited by iriskin