Return of possible DST bug

QBox User

Today, I had a recurrence of an issue I last had before the end of Daylight Savings Time (British Summer Time) in October 2011. BST started again (GMT+1) a few weeks ago.

I set a manual recording from the RS Media Server EPG, just under 1 hour before the start time (19:28). The stop time should have been set for 20:10 but was actually set for 19:10, with a duration of 1422 minutes. It appears as if the start time has been adjusted for GMT+1 but the stop time has not.

Previous issues were reported here:

Runaway recording

and possibly here:

Successive timers fail

I've made some extra recordings the same way, but without being able to repeat the error. RS time zone setting is "Automatic"

The timer is still in the service list, though I've disabled it.

<Timer Type="1" ID="{CEF53B9E-C601-4CF0-9623-EC846F3D69BE}" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" ShutDown="2" Date="18.04.2012" Start="19:28:00" Dur="1422" Days="--T----" PreEPG="2" PostEPG="10" Action="0" EPGEventID="38211">

I haven't upgraded from 1.9.4.1 yet, but I don't see anything related to this in 1.9.5 changelog.

The recording log for the timer has picked up an EPG entry from tomorrow at 06:00 to 09:15 (BST). This programme is due to run half-way through the timer period.

It might be a glitch form your broadcaster. We've seen worse... ;) Please keep an eye on it.

You're the first to report a problem with DST change which is by the way a good sign. Before there would have been a lot more reports... ;)

The EPG for this network (UK Freeview) is collected off-air. The EIT seems to give Start Time (in GMT) and Duration - no stop time. EPG presentation was normal (30 minutes duration) - that's why I suspected the problem was internal to RS.

I haven't made many short (< 1 hour) "manual" recordings since DST change. In a way it's annoying I can't reproduce this, though good that it's infrequent. Is there anything else I can look for that would give a clue? I notice that the epgdebug log uses only GMT for program timings but BST for the time of log entries.