Unicast bug in DVBViewer 4.9.6.11?

majstang

Did notice a very strange behaviour some hours ago, I've never seen before. Did start a recording manually from the Webinterface Timeline, right after the DVBViewer client begun to flash. Two seconds of black screen followed by two seconds of video and this behaviour was repeated over and over for about 2 minutes of time. No sound was working and sound mousewheel change could not be done (OSD was unresponsible). When changing channel the behaviour was repeated there as well. The sound mousewheel increase was delayed and came as soon as the viewer stabilised. Unfortunately I didn't use the debug mode, so no debug.log indicating what went wrong. Can't seem to be abled to reproduce it yet, but will get back with support.zip and debug.logs as soon as finding something useful.

I suppose this change should have something to do with it.

Change: Unicast Devices: Rewritten in parts. Special care has been taken of the timing of the tuning process. The Unicast device now blocks the DVBViewer for the duration of the tuning the same way a real DVB Device would block. Switching frequencies is much more stable that way.

unlikely. What was the expected behaviour? should the DVBViewer have been send to the recording channel by the RS?

What did the flashing look like? did it seem like tuning over and over again oder did it seem like problems with the steam?

The channel was already tuned in hours before the recording was started from RS (recorded show was on the same channel). Hmm...sorry it kind of looked a bit like both. It definitely reminded of as if the unicast device was stuck in some kind of tune over and over again behaviour. It also looked a bit like problems with the stream, cuz when it did stabilised first thing I did was checking the recording and stream was ok.

In this case the rework of the unicast device has nothing to do with it. the rework only targeted timing of the creation and connection of the sockets and the tuning, the actual receiving of the stream has not been touched.

Are DVBViewer and RS on the same Pc? Did you look at the svcdebug.log, if something suspicious in this time frame was logged? A re-tuning of a client would be noticed there.