Probably a stupid question ...

... but I'm not able to start UPNP server in recording service.

Windows 7 professional sp1 , dx installed , pinnacle 330e as tuner.

Latest versions of DVBViewer and recording service ( downloaded from members section just yesterday / today ).

I tried on two different pc's , the problem is the same :

under WEB/UPNP the ENABLE AV UPNP Server is unchecked by default ; i tried to check the box to enable the server , but after i hit ok , nothing appened ; if I re-open the recording service configuration , I found the ENABLE AV UPNP Server unchecked.

Pc has a fixed IP , netstat -an says that ports are free.

Thanks a lot.

post-78831-0-98905700-1335306576_thumb.jpg

Hi Lars , thank you.

In attachment the support file , some other info's :

My main goal : streaming live tv from DVBV to my popcorn hour A300 and to my Ipad New ( no jailbreack ).

About the popcorn I have read the following threads :

1) http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/28331-popcorn-hour/

2) http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/26685-streaming-live-tv-from-DVBViewer-to-popcorn-hour/

3) http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/25010-interface-on-server-for-popcorn-hour-client/

that are rather old , I would to know if they are valid at this time ( i ask this because it seems that my pop A300 does not read files other than mutimedia files , so i cannot see the DVBViewer.HTML in the windows share ).

But this is another story.

So , the problem I have is that it seems that all the changes I do in the recording service configuration will turn to the default value after the apply ( the tray icon becomes grey for a few seconds , then turn "orange" again and if i open configuration again , all parameters that i changed are in the default values ).

Even the language , that is italian by deafult , cannot be changed to english or other languages ( but i remember i read from somewhere that it's normal because install read the regional during install ).

For the DVBV and recording service installation i have read carefully the wiki.

support.zip

please try:

- Stop the recording service.

- delete/rename the service.xml in the configuration folder\config\ folder

- Start the configuration program and change the settings the way you want them.

- Close the configuration program with the OK button. There should be a new service.xml in the config folder.

- Start the recording Service again.

Lars , the procedure you posted is working , it solves the problem .

I tested streaming on Ipad New and Popcorn A300 , it's working great ( but i tested only for a few time ).

If it will be ok , I will make an extra donation to your staff.

Only a final OT question : if I have correctly understood , streaming to popcorn does not need a "powered" PC because the data flow is passed directly , if I stream to an Ipad/Iphone , due to FFMPEG convertion , the PC should be a little more ... "powered".

Is it right ? If you know , what could I do with an Atom D510 mobo ( my NAS server ) ??

Best regards and thank a lot.

Edited by Omega3
Is it right

Exactly. UPnP Streaming does not use any conversion.

SD material can be streamed to the iPad via Upnp too (WLAN only). Maybe even HD with the new iPad. iPad 1 is not powerfull enough for it.

There are several player apps which can playback TS material via UPnP.

I don't think the Atom is powerful enough to do live conversions. But to be honest I don't know, never tested it. :)

Lars , the procedure it's ok but it seems I need to delete the service.xml every time I would to try for a change.

1) If this is a problem/bug due to the application I hope that in the next release it will be solved ;

2) If the problem is about some Windows permission, option , etc , kindly I ask to you more details to solve from my own ( in the case it depends from O.S. rather than recording service application ).

Thanks.

P.S: I'm checking tvlive streaming on Ipad new with GoodPlayer and Media:Connect + Flex:player apps , it works very fine , very good job ( HD contents not tested yet ).

With popcorn A300 live streaming works very good , too ; It takes some time to start ( with HD contents up to one minute on a gigabit net ) but it seems very stable and the video quality is very high.

Congratulations.

Omega, with this one, popcorn A300 , channels switch time is good or not?

More then 5-7 seconds on HD? I need to buy a new dlna client.

tks

With A300 isn't so fast , channel switch takes about 5 - 10 seconds , but for me it's no a big problem.

With 15 euros I stream TV on all my mobile devices , if I would something more quick I have to spend about 200 euros for a specific hardware.

I don't know if I can write for hardware brand , so I apologize if not ; I saw in internet the Broadway 2t that streams TV on the local home net but it costs 200 euros ( probably they used some gold to built it !! ) , so it's not important the time I have to wait for channel switch ....