Very good job, but...

Dakkar

Dear Developers,

first of all let me congratulate: DVBViewer rocks.

But, even if it has been already discussed several times, I would like to ask you a very BASIC feature (at least it seems BASIC IMHO) that DVBViewer is still missing: a more powerful channel numbering!

I know that someone is asking/has asked fort LCN management, but to start I think it would be really nice if at least you could make it possible to "skip" some numbers in the channels/favorites lists.

I know there is some workaround for this, but stil they are workarounds and they not completely address the issue.

I would like to create a channel list that follow the Italian standard channel numbering, both for DTT and SAT (SKY)... but this is not possible now with DVBViewer.

I guess you had to manage much complicated challenges when creating such good piece of software so, let me ask: why don't you please add this "basic" feature?

I think more than a few people would be very grateful...

Thank you very much for reading.

Dakkar

• 2 weeks later...
Did I ask something wrong?

Not at all but DVBViewer simply does not offer the possibilities you've asked for. You have to edit and rearrange the channel list manually with the channel editor.

Not at all but DVBViewer simply does not offer the possibilities you've asked for. You have to edit and rearrange the channel list manually with the channel editor.

... and when you do, you then can "dial" up the favourites in order - your first favourite is "0" your eleventh is 10 and so on. Think this needs to benabled in the options, but I'm not sure where - someone nice helpful person may post the exact link.

Yes, I understand that what I need is not available...

But why don't you implement it?

It "should" be easy, isn't it?

I would just basically need to have the possibility to "skip" some numbers in my channel's list.

In this way I could (manually) recreate the channel's list like the standard Mediaset DTT and SKY Sat.

Any chance this will be implemented?

Dakkar

It "should" be easy, isn't it?

..that's what I always used to say, but I'm not a developer :D

I don't think that your wishes will be implemented in the near future. Before this can happen the outdated channel list has to be replaced by a more suitable concept from scratch. Of course some tweak or workaround could help but IMHO this could make things worse :whistle: