help please. can't shutdown or standby

cundogg

I am trying to shut down my computer with my harmony remote but it won't let me do it while DVBViewer is running. It always prompts me to a force close running application screen. Does anybody know a way around this? I have also tried stand by and its the same thing. any help would be appreciated

I am trying to shut down my computer with my harmony remote but it won't let me do it while DVBViewer is running. It always prompts me to a force close running application screen. Does anybody know a way around this? I have also tried stand by and its the same thing. any help would be appreciated

You can't shutdown your PC without closing all running apps. If you want to do this you need to Hibernate or enter sleep mode

It won't let me do it with sleep mode either. xbmc and windows media center lets you shutdown your computer while they are running. i thought that it would be the same with DVBViewer. Could you tell me how you do it with sleep mode?

I have successfully managed to put my computer to sleep while DVBViewer is running however when I wake it back up to watch tv there is no audio, just video. Means I have to restart DVBViewer to get the audio working again. Can anyone help?

In Windows 7 no application can block sleep or hibernation. Was possible on Windows XP though. Regarding shutdown it's true DVBViewer blocks it per default, due to dubious reasons. You have to close the viewer before shutting down, preferably by a script or maybe eventghost (i'm not using it myself). Regarding the audio issue is harder to say anything about without knowing anything about your system.

I think its better to put into sleep mode rather than shutting down anyway so task scheduler can work if i can just solve the audio issue it would be great. What would you need to know about my system?? My htpc is connected to an onkyo 608 av receiver for 5.1 audio. I am using a blackgold bgt3630 freeview freesat tuner card. My OS is windows 7 professional. And my graphics card is an msi gtx 560 ti

I have successfully managed to put my computer to sleep while DVBViewer is running however when I wake it back up to watch tv there is no audio, just video. Means I have to restart DVBViewer to get the audio working again. Can anyone help?

Have you installed newest version of DVBViewer?

Do you use Win 7 build in default decoders?

If not: reinstall windows 7 and DVBViewer, and DON'T install any codec packs

Still a problem: Bios upgrade

Next: contact manufacturer