Recording locks up RS

When a recording starts the RS locks up and I can't kill the process. I have to restart the pc.

I have used this guide to configure RS + DVBViewer.

Watching 2 different channels at a time also locks up the RS.

The tuner(s) used locks up. LED indicating that the tuner is in use stays on, and the tuner has to be power cycled to function after pc restart.

Hardware: 3x CableStar Combo HD CI (Driver v1.0.5.502)

Smartcard splitted with SmartWi.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

support.zip

I did a complete reinstall.

Now I can watch 4(?) FTA-channels at a time, but as soon I try an encrypted channel, it will only stream 1 at a time.

Doesn't matter if its 1 FTA and 1 encrypted channel or 2 encrypted channels.

Also.. It doesn't crash that often anymore..

Please help :unsure:

The drivers are rather old (from 21-05-2009) and most probably has problems with Windows 7 which was released later than that date.

If not finding newer drivers try to disable a tuner one by one to see if you can pinpoint the problems to a single tuner. The crashes could be caused by a faulty tuner.

I can't seem to find a newer driver for the card.

The current driver was downloaded from the technisat website. It says on the page, that it is compatible with Win 7.

I have now tried with the different cards disabled.

Can't find any consistent errors.

It crashed a couple of times, but reinserting the smartcard seems to prevent this, if I do it before I start RS after pc-restart.

When I watch a stream on tuner 1 and try to open another channel, it activates the 2nd tunerf for a couple of seconds, then turns them both off.

Meanwhile the signal strenght drops to 0%.

Does it automatically turn off the stream if the signal gets weak? If so, that could be the problem. I've had a lot of trouble with my signal lately.

Edited by Jeppo

Crashes are usually tuner hardware or driver related, so i think you should continue the search in that direction. You could also try with disconnecting the SmartWi thingie and test if RS is stable with FTA channels only.

It is unlikely the signal drops has anything to do with the crashes. Signal drops only gives discontinuities in the recorded stream. You should of course tackle that problem as well as soon as you´ve pinpointed the cause for the chrashes.