DVBServer

Paul666

I was just recommending DVBViewer to someone & while doing this I checked out the www site. I noticed that the was a new version out & while reading the change notes I horiffied to see DVBServer has been droped.

I assume that this is the sw that allows u to have ur TV card in another computer & whatch the TV in realtime on another. This is what I do at the moment & what the person I was recommending DVBViewr wants to do. So if DVBServer no longer exists how do I do this?

Ok thanx.

Just had a quick look as was not intending to completly reconfigure the way I whatch TV this evening.

It basically looks like the standalone sever has been rolled into recording server SW; so once I have installed and configured on my WHS2011 (already have a DVBViewer client installed on it) video server I can just use DVBViewer on my client PC to watch TV?

On the recording side currently I use Digiguide with dabdigi to get the DVBViewer client to record TV for me I assume the recording service sw will not break this for me?

I had been intending to look at the recording service sw but had been a bit reluctant as I don't want to break anything. The streaming accross the network is new to me since FEB2012 I have the strange situation where if I am recording something on my video server I cannot watch it across the network at the same time (but I can whatch the video I am recording lol) I have a twin turner Blackgold DVB-T2 card & the DVBViewer client is doing the recording while I was hoping the server would serve to my client.

Sorry not explaining it well & don't have good examples to hand as am here due to panic when saw server had gone. I think using the recording server my solve my problems BUT is there anyway I can use digigudie to program it? Once again appols for poor exp but seeing that I have to play with the recorder service can I get digiguide to control it as I think that will solve a prob I have but cannot explain or give good examples of at the moment.

Thanx.

Edited by Paul666

What does digiguide do? or better how does it get the timers to the DVBViewer?

Digiguide is a epg think they do the epgs for lots of stations as well http://digiguide.tv/products/windows.asp

DABDig is a small and simple application that allows supported devices to be programmed to record by using dynamically updated listings from DigiGuide or other systems that can drive external programs via command-line such as myHTPC, WebShifter and xLobby.

So I think the answer is via command line into DVBViewer.

http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/dab/dabdig.htm

My ini part for DVBViewer for DABDig

DVBVIEWERDEVNAME=DVB

DVBVIEWERPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\1 Hardware\DVBViewer

DVBVIEWERCMD=DVBViewer.exe

DVBVIEWERCMDP1=

DVBVIEWERRECCMDP1=-m

DVBVIEWERALLOWFORCEEXIT=2

DVBVIEWERALLOWFORCEEXITONVIEW=0

DVBVIEWERMATCHNAME=0

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINE=$TI-$DY$DM$DD$DH$DN;$CP|$CN;$DD/$DM/$DY;$DH:$DN:0;$EH:$EN:00;

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINESUFFIXTV=0;0;0

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINESUFFIXRADIO=0;0;0

DVBVIEWERNUMOFSLOTS=10

DVBVIEWERRECWINSTYLE=2

DVBVIEWERVIEWWINSTYLE=3

DVBVIEWERAPIPREFERRED=1

DVBVIEWERAPICOMPREFIX=DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer

DVBVIEWERAPIP1=$CP|$CN

DVBVIEWERPAUSE=10000

DVBVIEWERDISABLEAV=1

DVBVIEWERRECACTION=0

DVBVIEWERRECACTIONRADIO=0

DVBVIEWERAFTERREC=0

DVBVIEWEROSDMSGONREC=

DVBVIEWEROSDMSGONVIEW=

DVBVIEWEROSDMUTE=0

DVBVIEWEROSDDELAY=3000

As an aside u can also use DABDig with digiguide to change channels & automatically watch channels at scheduled times as well as record.

Edited by Paul666

So if DVBServer no longer exists how do I do this?

Well, as far as I understand it the DVBServer has only been discontinued and will no longer be available. Meaning if you copy an old DVBServer.exe (from DVBViewer 4.9) and paste it into latest DVBViewer versions app folder it will work as usual.