Multiple CI-modules with recording service not working

qstoffe

I have a server computer (Win7 64-bit) with DVBViewer together with the Recording Service installed. On the server I have 2 USB TV-cards (AnySee E7) connected. Both have a built-in CI-module and a valid pay channel subscription card inserted.

I've setup the DVBServer to use both cards and I've also checked the "Has CI-module" on both cards in the hardware configuration in the Recording Service. Then I have two client computers (Win7 64-bit), let's call them A & B. Each client computer has installed DVBViewer (same version as the server which is supplied in the support.zip).

The problem I have is; if client A accesses a pay channel it works fine but if client B also tries to access a different pay channel it's unable to decode the encrypted channel (non-pay channels work fine though). If I restart the Recording Service (needed) and reverse the client access order (client B tunes a pay channel before client A) then it works for B but not for A.

I had this problem with the old DVBServer (the one before Recording Service). My solution then was to run 2 instances of DVBServer and only enable one TV-card on each and then have the clients connect to different servers. Is it possible to run multiple instances of Recording Service on the same server? (I'd much rather get it to work with just one though).

support.zip

(AnySee E7)

Well anysee in their infinite wisdom decided, only one CAM can be accessed by an application no matter how many are installed.

So you have to ask them to fix this or use better DVB-Cards.

We've pointed it out a long time ago to them, but it seems they were not interessted...

Well anysee in their infinite wisdom decided, only one CAM can be accessed by an application no matter how many are installed.

We've pointed it out a long time ago to them, but it seems they were not interessted...

Haha! Yeah they do seem a bit arrogant. I've previously sent them e-mails about DVB-T2 not working in their later drivers but they have never replied. I'm thankful for your response for now I know for certain it's not a problem caused by DVBViewer. I also understand why the "trick" of running 2 instances of DVBServer worked.

So you have to ask them to fix this or use better DVB-Cards.

At the time I phurchased them, they were about the only ones that supported both DVB-T2 and had a built in CI that could read the needed CAM. I guess I will have to shop around for some new DVB-T2 cards.