CAM not recognized in PRO version, no problem in TE2 version

IngeChr

The PRO version (V4.9.6.20) and DEMO version does not recognize CAM module (grey menu) after re-install. So, no channels available.

History:

Installed the TE2 version (came with TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI) on a HP Dragon 9000 running Vista. Worked fine.

Installed the demo version. Worked fine, wanted to use it and bought the PRO version.

Installed the Pro version. It was unstable, it crashed with a DEP message after minutes / hours. (I suspected it has something to do with the EPG, since the EPG never was complete for all channels.)

Reinstalled the Pro version. Unstable as described above.

I thought that since I now had three DVBViewer versions instaled at the same time (TE2, DEMO and PRO) there are many possibilities of incompatibility, better start fresh.

Removed all versions, installed the Pro version. Did not work at all, CAM selection is grey.

Installed the TE2 version, works fine.

Installed the demo version. Did not work at all, CAM selection is grey.

Now both the demo and the pro version does not recognize the CAM module, irrespective of whether the TE2 version is installed or not. I have tried to install PRO version with and without the TE2 version installed, but the result is the same: CAM selection is grey.

What to do?

support.zip

First disable Windows Media Center.

Done that. Followed the description on http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-uninstall-and-remove-windows-media-center-in-vista/ sections "Disable Windows Media Center Services" and "Stop Windows Media Center Services from Start Up"

CAM selection still grey.

Rebooted.

Reinstalled PRO version.

CAM selection still grey.

Updated suport.zip file attached.

Please bear in mind that there is no problem with the TE2 version, so at least that communication with the CAM is OK. And also that the communication with the CAM was OK until the fist re-install of the PRO version. Something with the registry?

What next?

support.zip

Edited by IngeChr

Well you have two adapters on your system. The Technisat as well as the HP Digital TV receiver. If the second one is used there is no CAM which should be shown. Either change the priority of both devices or disable one.

Removed HP Digital tuner from windows device setup (was never enabled in DVBViewer HW setup). Reinstalled PRO version, searched channels - and now it works!

Even seems stable!