Recording Service 1.9.6.beta locking up

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Recording Service was locking up after about 2 hours of recording. It had happened multiple times at around the same setting.

Not even the Task Manager could be called.

Before I upgraded, everything worked fine.

Is there a way for me to download previous versions of Recording Service to verify this?

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

OK. Will do it when I have time.

BUT:

Could paid users download OLD VERSIONS of all the programs from this website, rather than keeping them ourselves?

This service could be helpful.

If you didn't delete them yourself you should find all older versions you ever installed at {Program folder where you installed it}\DVBViewer\setup

• 2 weeks later...

If you didn't delete them yourself you should find all older versions you ever installed at {Program folder where you installed it}\DVBViewer\setup

I thought the website could do us a favor by making available all releases of DVBViewer and plugins. Too bad....

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that RS 1.9.7-beta got the same problem. I was recording two channels (of the same TVB group) using two HDTV sticks (Mygica D689 and Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3). 1.9.6-beta and 1.9.7-beta featured a new option "uPnP Media". Maybe it's related, but I did NOT activate that option. And I also needed to check the possibility of a hardware fault with Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3 (older than Mygica D689). But then, there was no problem before I upgraded to 1.9.6-beta.

I am falling back to RS 1.9.4.1 tomorrow and see what would happen!

Keep an eye on the DVBVService.exe process size if it stays within reasonable limits. The thing changed from 1.9.6 was the plugin handeling and perhaps if using any plugins may cause a memory leak making RS crash. At least one other report so far that may support this theory. Will see for sure after you test RS 1.9.4.1.

I am now running RS 1.9.7-beta. It really looked like it's a hardware error with the Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3. I re-plugged in the USB TV Tuner last week, and no problem had been encountered until now. Note that I did NOT enable the uPnP Media option.

I am going to let the config run one more day (using both HDTV sticks to record shows simultaneously for 3.5 hours), and then I would post an apology and a case-closed notice. :)

Attaching a screenshot:

post-83378-0-68136200-1339860467_thumb.jpg

Another night passed and there was no problem with 1.9.7-beta. Apologize for filing a wrong complaint. It's really a USB connection issue.

I don't wanna waste time going back to 1.9.6-beta. So I would like to close the case. Sorry!