Problem with Recording Service 1.9.7.0

After searching the forums I found some topics about the same problem, but none of the solutions seemed to work for me.

The setup:

Windows Server 2008R2 running DVBViewer Recording service, with 4 IPTV tuners configured and tuned. Can stream the channels with VLC, so I know they work.

Client pc with DVBViewer connected to the above (4 unicast network devices). All firewalls are disabled.

Everything should be setup properly.

The problem:

Trying to stream a channel via the webinterface gives a 404 not found in vlc. And I get "No hardware available" in DVBViewer on the client pc.

If I try to record something in the webinterface, also nothing happens.

I've attached support.zip from the server and the client.

I hope somebody can help me.

support.zip

support_client.zip

You seem to use two different IPs (Network Interfaces?). I suggest, you decide which one to use (the clients PC support.zip suggests 10.10.10.1 is the right one?).

You have to change it in the hardware settings of the RS IPTV devices and you should also have a look at your Options. At least the control server part of the unicast server uses also the other IP.

I'm unsure of what you're suggesting. Maybe I forgot to include some information in my original post.

The server is connected to 3 networks.

WAN: 78.######.######.######

LAN: 10.10.10.1

IPTV: 10.45.2.244

and it's routing internet access to the lan users.

the client has the ip address 10.10.10.2

I checked the IP address in the control server field and it was wrong and has been corrected - but this did not change anything.

Then my guess would be the access to the IPTV IP is blocked by some software/hardware (firewall, AV software etc).

I figured out what was wrong. So here is the solution for me, I somebody else encounters a similar problem.

I used TransEdit to search for channels, and it thought that all my channels were encrypted, however they're not. So I had to uncheck encrypted for all the channels.