Unicast device bug in DVBViewer 4.9.6.20

majstang

Found an another TUniCastServer 10053 disconnect error within the 4.9.6.20, but this one doesn't behave like the startup blackscreen issue before. As usual the problem occurs very sporadic, it can't be reproduced. I see it from time to time when resuming from hibernation (DVBViewer is running when hibernation is called). I'm using RS 1.9.7.

The problem can be described as if when the Viewer resumes from hibernation it tunes in the last viewed channel ok up til the first frame. Then the picture freezes for 5 seconds and after that the Viewer tunes in a couple of moving frames and then freezes again 5 seconds and it goes on like this in an endless loop until manually tuning in some other channel.

I managed to catch some debug logs where the problem is visible. The debug.logs are showing some peculiar flushings, clockstops and such that gets repeated over and over again. When this pattern emerge it creates huge amounts of DVBViewer debug.logs compared to if everything is running as it should. RS svcdebug.log shows the 10053 disconnect error.

support.zip

Don't know if it's unicast device related. could be anything. from displaydriver messing up to codec problems or hardware problems after hibernation...

Anybody else with EXACT the same symptoms?

Yeah, you may be right about the displaydriver causing the problem. I have also suspected it for quite some time. The Catalyst drivers has been rather buggy for my new Radeon HD7970 card. Just updated to Catalyst 12.6 beta yesterday and will keep an eye on it if things improve.