Recover from discontinuities

qstoffe

I have a problem with slightly bad atenna reception on bad weather occations on a few channels. This produces ~1-2 discontinuities per minute. At first I don't notice these at all but after 10-15 minutes I can clearly see that the sound is out of sync with the picture (easy to spot due to character's lips not in sync). After that I have to re-tune the channel to fix the sync problem. I'm wondering if there is any way that the DVBViewer could automatically keep audio in sync with video even though you get an occational discontinuity?

I've continued to investigate this problem. It seems that the problem is related to the "Has CI module" option. If I have that option checked and the CAM (Neotion) inserted I get discontinuities even though I'm watching un-encrypted/free channels. After a minute or so I also get a message in DVBViewer "Software download" "A new version of the software is available." with a green "OK" button.

If I however disable the "Has CI module" option OR remove the CAM I get absolutely zero discontinuities. What could be the problem?

Your CI-module is the problem. It can't handle the high rate multiplexes of some DVB-S2 transponders. You have to get yourself another module or a tv-card which can reduce the bitrate that is transferred through the module by means of PID_filters.

Your CI-module is the problem. It can't handle the high rate multiplexes of some DVB-S2 transponders. You have to get yourself another module or a tv-card which can reduce the bitrate that is transferred through the module by means of PID_filters.

Ok but how could that affect un-encrypted channels? Or is that driver dependent? Also I have 2 USB tuners (AnySee E7). I've tried unplugging them both, using the same CAM in each of them and it works with one of them but not the other. Hardware fault maybe?

Anyway, could somebody recommend a good tuner + CI-reader that handles DVB-T2 with CI support for the Neotion CAM? I was thinking of using Hauppauge Nanostick T2 HD 290e together with their Hauppauge WinTV-CI. However I've read that that CI could not handle the Neotion CAM. Only Conax and some other ones. Or is AnySee E7 the only one that fits my requirements?