Popcorn Hour

I've upgraded my NMT to Popcorn hour A110. The live TV streaming works fine from the RS server(not worried about zapping) but I wonder if I can get it to play the recordings? I see the list but I cannot get the PH to do anything with them. Before I waste a lot of time chasing this up - can somebody tell me if it should work? I've tried to research the Wiki & past posts but I cannot find any mention of this feature.

Hi Perry,

am using an A100 with RS and DVBV. Works fine for live-TV and also recordings.

The recordings are stored on a QNAP-NAS. In other words, if playing recordings with the A100, there is no communication or interaction with RS running on a Win7-PC (e.g. RS Web-Interface, or RS-upnp). The A100 is just accessing the NAS as a network device.

The A100 has the latest Firmware. It is a couple of months old and perhaps has been the last one that has been issued. The A100 is already a quite ancient device, but works good for this purpose.

Am seeing some minor problems when playing HD-recordings, as the fast-forward/reverse with the A100 does not always work correctly. But as said, a minor problem.

Regards

Goggo

Hi Goggo

thanks for that but you have already lost me in the acronyms! Could you please tell this old fart exactly what he has to do to see recordings on the Poppi? I used to access them via the network browser but I was hoping I could now use the 'Recordings' page that I get when accessing the RS server. When I access this page on the computer web browser, I get a 'play' symbol on each recording entry and this takes me to a Flash Player.

Hi Perry,

I was hoping I could now use the 'Recordings' page that I get when accessing the RS server.

This is perhaps possible. But I did never use the Recordings-Page of RS when playing videos on the Popcorn Hour. I also haven't heard of anybody, who used flashplayer on the Poppi together with RS.

H what he has to do to see recordings on the Poppi? I used to access them via the network browser

Hmmm .... OK. I have to say, that for me it works without problems and I got it to work without greater effort. Let's see, whether we get yours to do the same.

In my case, I had first added the network storage (-> NAS) as a network resource to the Poppi (Menu Item under Settings). The only thing to enter there was the hostname (or IP-address) and the folder-path to where the videos reside.

To play videos and also recordings, I use the standard menu of the Poppi. There I select the "Media Source" (-> NAS), then the media type "video", and then I click through the folders to where the video is located. There, I just select the video to play and push the Play-Butten of the Poppi. Thats all.

To summarize this: The way I play the videos is independent from RS. It is just playing ".ts" oder ".mpg" files etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Juergen

Thanks Juergen

I've now got the Network play working again and I'll forget about the RS interface for playing recordings on the PH. It would be interesting to know why it exists though if it doesn't work?

cheers

It would be interesting to know why it [the RS-interface] exists though if it doesn't work?

The RS-interface is more targeted to accessing the RS-Recordings from other PCs or Smartphones/Tablets through the Web-Interface of RS. For this purpose, it works quite nice. A decent Web-Browser is the prerequisite.

Since the PH (Popcorn Hour) has no such adequate Web-Browser, which is able to access, read and use the RS-Web-Interface in the same way like from a PC, this does not work.

Regards

Goggo