Cannot Run Transedit Scan

sixteentoninedom

Am attempting to use Transedit to get New Zealand Freeview channels from the Optus D1 Satellite.

I have a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus TV card that gets these channels fine under WinTV 7. Also have a satellite

STB getting the same channels.

When I attempt to scan using Transedit (using transponder settings relevant to NZ Freeview), I get the

following error:

"Sorry - the required DVB device is occupied. Please try again later :-)"

I have disabled a few services that might also be trying to access the card, through

Start>Run>servicesa.msc, including HauppaugeTVServer. This hasn't made any difference so far.

Any suggestions welcome!

support.zip file attached

Technical Notes:

Running XP Pro Service Pack 3

TV-card model and used driver version: Hauppauge Nova-S Plus, Model 92001 Rev.C1B1,

Driver Version 2.126.28225.0

type and chipset of the mainboard: Dell Computer Corp., Intel Pentium 4 Microprocessor Model00T606,

Intel i845g chipset

graphics card and used driver version: ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 Series, driver version 6.14.10.6925

Please note I have also installed the MHEG5 plugin.

Recording Service not currently installed.

A Few General Notes:

The DVBViewer satellite scan is able to get some radio stations and about 8 SKY TV channels

(encrypted, no video) at this stage.

There might be an MPEG 2 video codec issue as well, but at the moment I can't even get the Freeview

channels.

The relevant scan settings by the way are:

LOF 1: 10750

LOF 2: 10750

LOF SW: 0

DiSEqC: none

(Main) Freeview Carrier Frequencies: 12,456 and 12,483 MHz

support.zip

When I attempt to scan using Transedit (using transponder settings relevant to NZ Freeview), I get the following error:

"Sorry - the required DVB device is occupied. Please try again later :-)"

Also right after boot-up without having launched DVBViewer before?

I'm still getting the same error straight after reboot, but sometimes the scan runs after left-clicking the "OK" button.

Not getting ANY channels with the Transedit scan though.

Ok, that told me which part of the code triggers the error message, and I can reproduce it now. It happens under the following conditions:

- The first transponder in the list (the one with the lowest frequency) is a DVB-S2 transponder

- There is no DVB-S2 device

- A selection only containing DVB-S transponders is scanned (via "Scan Selected" or double click).

Will be fixed in the next release. As a work-around, delete the DVB-S2 transponders from your list (the blue ones, you can't receive them anyway with your Hauppauge Nova-S Plus).

BTW: I would rather use

LOF 1: 10750; LOF 2: 0; LOF SW: 0

if you want the 22 khz signal to be switched off, or

LOF 1: 0; LOF 2: 10750; LOF SW: 0

if you want the 22 khz signal to be switched on.

Edited by Griga

Thanks @Griga, with the new version of "Transedit" it works without errors.

Mit der neuen Version läuft es wieder wunderbar, ich hatte den Fehler auch, hatte es aber auf meine TV-Karte geschoben...

PeterF

Thanks Griga for the work around. Both this and the Transedit update seem to have gotten rid of the error.

I STILL cant get the NZ Freeview channels though (will start a new topic for this if need be). I tried "0"

for LOF 2 like you suggested (am using a single LNB so no switch needed), but no change.

The relevant scan settings again (for my LNB) are:

LOF 1: 10750

LOF 2: 10750 (or 0)

LOF SW: 0

DiSEqC: none

Satellite NZ Freeview Frequencies (from Optus D1): 12,456 and 12,483 MHz

Polarisation: HORIZONTAL or H

Symbol Rate: 22500

FEC: 3/4

(The frequency I AM getting some channels from is 12,519 Mhz)

Again, any suggestions welcome!

Satellite NZ Freeview Frequencies (from Optus D1): 12,456 and 12,483 MHz

Polarisation: HORIZONTAL or H

Symbol Rate: 22500

FEC: 3/4

Correct, as far as I can see on LyngSat.

What about the Modulation setting? Does "Auto" work?

No- no change. Tried with LOF 2 at 10750, and at 0.

Also did the same 2 tests with modulation set to "QPSK"

:-\ ...

Edited by sixteentoninedom

BTW I have run the Compatibility.exe tool and have noticed some of the codecs at the moment are marked with a yellow "!" followed by a comment saying "Decoders are installed. but some of them might cause problems."

Also the tuner part of the card is being reported as a "Technisat BDA Digital Tuner"

Only mentioning this in case any of it affects DETECTING the Freeview channels.

TransEdit and DVBViewer have detected the card correctly as Hauppauge, as your support.zip shows, and there are no known issues with Hauppauge cards. At least not such issues. Here everything is fine with my Hauppauge Nova S2 HD. I'm running out of ideas...

I have a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus TV card that gets these channels fine under WinTV 7.

Are there any differences concerning reception parameters?

The frequency I AM getting some channels from is 12,519 Mhz

The expected channels? If yes, it basically works. Maybe it is worth trying to shift frequencies a bit up or down (+/- 1, 2 or 3 MHz) in TransEdit, in case your LNB frequency is a bit off the mark... don't forget to click Apply after having entered a different value.

P.S. Maybe attaching your Optus D1 transponderlist here will give additional hints.

OK- good news.

The WinTV reception setup parameters are the same as what I was originally testing. i.e. LOF 1: 10750,

LOF 2: 10750, LOF SW: 0, and DiSEqC: none

(No other parameters were needed for the WinTV tuner setup as such.)

However, I've noticed that the 12519MHz frequency which Transedit worked with had a VERTICAL polarization setting, when it is "supposed" to be horizontal per the lyngsat link you mentioned. In other words I've been getting the SKY etc. channels expected for 12519H after a blind scan gets to 12519 V.

So I tried Transedit on the Freeview frequencies with the polarization set to V instead of H as well, and they scanned

fine.

Now getting all the Freeview channels through DVBViewer with sound and video, no trouble!

The V polarization could have something to do with my LNB I suppose.

Have attached the Optus D1 transponder list (as it is now) in case it sheds some light on this.

Anyway problem basically solved, so thanks for all the help.

Phew! :)

DVB-S_1600.ini

Edited by sixteentoninedom