EPG language mixing

highyield

When DVBViewer displays an event from the EPG, it displays the EventName of my selected EPG language, for the selected event, with the EventDescription of another language, for the same event. In my case, it displays the correct EventName (the selected EPG language is Romanian "ron"), but with the wrong EventDescription (language Hungarian "hun", same event). This only happens when the selected EPG language doesn't have a EventDescription for that event, but the other language does.

I'm using DVBViewer 4.9.6.20 with a DVB-C source, Windows 7 64 bit SP1. Older versions are also affected.

See the sample xml file (several examples are eventid 21005, 21006, 21007, 21008).

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7645/49023171.jpg

RCSRDS 378.xml

This is also true for EventName, if the selected EPG languages is missing from the EPG. It displays the EventName for the other language.

Yes, that's expected behaviour. If the selected language is not available, it will take an available language.

Otherwise if the selected language is not available it would display nothing. And that would be not very helpful...

How helpful can it be if I don't understand it, since it's another language, very different than mine?

The set-up box from the provider doesn't display anything if there is nothing to display for the selected language.

I think that the best approach would be a 2nd EPG language selection with a "no fallback" option, as it's the case with DVB subtitles.

• 1 month later...

Even my Panasonic 's plasma to that, they shown some epg channels in hun.

I think we need to send an email to RDS, maybe will fixed it.

OR quote this: I think that the best approach would be a 2nd EPG language selection with a "no fallback" option, as it's the case with DVB subtitles.

For dvbc on tuners, there are an solution, use xmltv.

with : xmltv tv_grab_huro --days 10 --output romania.xml

Then, use AutoEPG to import xmltv into DVBViewer.

Now you have epg on almost all channels, and in romanian

And when xmltv is not contain any data( maybe port.ro is down), epg eit scan from RDS kick's in, and you still have guide.

Edited by bogdan1980