AverTV PCIe Hybrid Duo. Failed to initialize device

I've purchased DVBViewer to use with my AverMedia PCIe Hybrid Duo (2 analog + 2 digital tunners), but it fails to access the card.

I tried the following process:

1) deleted AverTV drivers

2) deleted AverTV device in device administration

3) restarted computer

4) sytem automatically installs AverTV driver 1.3.64.76 for TV Card "AverMedia A188 PCIe Duo Hybrid Analog/DVBT" device.

5) start DVBViewer, (even using "execute as admin")

6) Settings -> Options -> Hardware

There are two devices in the list: AVerMedia 716x BDA DVBT Tuner (1) and AVerMedia 716x BDA DVBT Tuner (2)

7) ok

8) Channel -> Channel Scan -> Scan Range

PopUp "No hardware available!"

I then tested with TransEdit:

1) launch Transedit as administrator

2) settings -> hardware

There are two devices: AVerMedia 716x BDA DVBT Tuner and AVerMedia 716x BDA DVBT Tuner (two equal lines). Tuner type is Terrestrial for both.

3) close

4) select DVB-T Europe in transponder list

5) scan all

PopUp: Initializing the DVB device has failed. Performing a new hardware...

I went thru many posts in the forum and tried playing with different parameters but to no avail.

(Note: the card works perfectly with Windows Media Center, both tuner 1 and 2)

I would appreciate you help.

JMB

support.zip

Note: the card works perfectly with Windows Media Center

Maybe that's the source of the trouble. From your SystemInfo.txt:

MS Media Center Receiver Service: Running

...and occupying the tuners.

Thank you for yor suggestion Griga. I'm afraid that's not the (only) reason:

1) Stopped "Windows Media Center Receiver Service" (ehRecvr)

2) restarted system (just in case)

3) checked that service is still stopped

but same message appears.

I'm attaching again support.zip including debug.log.

My knowledge about all this stuff is almost nil, but I wonder if this can help. I runt Compatibility.exe and I have 4 lines in the DVB Hardware section:

TechniSat BDA Digital Tuner General - DVB-T

TechniSat BDA Digital Tuner General - DVB-T

AVerMedia 716x BDA Analog Capture This device is not supported by the DVBViewer

AVerMedia 716x BDA Analog Capture This device is not supported by the DVBViewer

I only have one card installed, so I assume technisat is the chip installed on my avermedia for the digital section, and 716x is the analog section.

My doubt is that DVBViewer and Transedit show "AVerMedia 716x BDA DVBT Tuner".

Propably a useless hint, but...

support.zip

post-126371-0-63252700-1340149995_thumb.jpg

I only have one card installed, so I assume technisat is the chip installed on my avermedia for the digital section,

Nope. Most likely it's just a bug in the compatibility tool. It generally seems to mistake Avermedia digital tuners for TechniSat tuners. ;) See here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49742-errors-in-recorded-ts-stream/

The debug.log shows where things go wrong

TfrmScan AllocateHardware Open failed

but unfortunately not why. DVBViewer tries to initialize and connect the BDA components, but for some unknown reason one of them refuses or reports an error.

Let's try another check. Download the Radlight Filter Manager, launch it and have a look at the BDA Receiver Components and BDA Source Filters sections in the treeview. Which entries related to your AverMedia PCIe Hybrid Duo do you see?

Ok, there is a tuner and a capture component for each tuner.

Now let's assume that TransEdit selects the tuner component belonging to the first tuner and the capture component belonging to the second tuner, and tries to connect them. They shouldn't connect crosswise, but some drivers are badly written in this respect (already happened in the past with two identical devices in a PC), thus making it hard to find the matching component. Of course it can't work this way... but, if the assumption is correct, the second tuner listed in TransEdit should work. Try... go to Settings -> Hardware, set the status of the first tuner to "Don't use", and scan.

Sorry, no more ideas. I guess you have already tried all combinations of relevant hardware options? In TransEdit:

- Stop stream while tuning on/off

- Use standard interface on/off

- Use internal Network Provider Filter on/off

What about Aver MediaCenter? Do you have it installed? Is it running some background process?

You could run Process Explorer and try to see if the tuner is opened by some other process, using the "Find handle or DLL" function. I don't know exactly what you should look for, but you could try "KSENUM", "SUBSYS_". You can identify the tuner using the hardware ids from Device Manager, for that device (driver properties -> Details -> Hardware ids).

Edited by highyield

Thank you, highyield.

I had AverMedia Center installed, but the problem seems to be the same. I don't remember the exact message I got, but something similar to "device not available".

I will give a try to process explorer. I was not aware of this tool! I will post results.

Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I starded suspecting of a problem with some module as the native AverTV program stopped working too. I was unable to find the reason, even with AverMedia support, but I tried "updating" the Win7 installation and now everything works.

Thak you to all that contributed to solve my problem!