RS 1.9.7.0 and those damned Samsung DLNA client !

lighttear

Hi,

I hope developers will answer this post.

I bought a Samsung BD-D6900 Smart Blu Ray player for using it as DLNA client in conjunction with RS as a AV UpnP server.

Ok it works, but unfortunately as ALL Samsung AV products (Smart Blu ray AND Smart TV) ANAMORPHIC VIDEO ARE NOT SUPPORTED !

This is really an inexplicable idiocy since every other non-Samsung product (LG, Sony, WD, Panasonic) treats anamorphic content correctly (yes Samsung engineers are idiots).

Now I have tons of anamorphic video since ALL SD TV recordings are anamorphic !

I know that RS streams directly video so its impossible on its side to correct Samsung idiocy but ... but

I discovered that SD anamorphic video muxed in mp4 container is correctly reproduced !

So one could think to remux every DVB anamorphic recording in mp4 container, but unfortunately only ffmpeg is able to mux mpeg2 video in mp4 container,

and if audio is AC3 this is not compatible with other players.

So I thought to exploit upnpprofilesv2 file to force RS to stream to Samsung DLNA client normal SD .mpg file as a fictitious mp4 video:

under both <profile name="Samsung"> and <profile name="Samsung UE">

I added these raws:

<Ext name=".mpg">

<MediaFormat mime-type="video/mp4" special="">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormat>

</Ext>

but unfortunately nothing changes !

There is any chance (I am asking developers) to instruct RS to remux on the fly and SD mpeg2 video in mp4 container ?

An alternative is to use Plex media server and Plex client for Samsung smart hub which recently introduced at client side the capability to display correctly anamorphic video (thus without using that damned internal DLNA Samsung client).

I home some developer will answer my post

Cheers

L.