Iphone streaming - Client indication for recordings?

I ran into problems today which I had to investigate a bit. I had difficulties deleting one of the recordings in the RS recordingsfolder. I have a script doing this and when using it there's no error message telling me why or which process had locked up the file, like you get when deleting files from the explorer. When trying to delete the file from the explorer the message said the FFMPEG.exe was using it. My girlfriend said she did stream this very recording during the morning and forgot pressing the "Stop stream server" button before exiting the iphone interface.

Opening the RS webinterface nothing in the Status-->Clients-->Kind indicated anything about a recording had been streamed. In order to unlock the file I had to stop and restart RS. Began some testing and came to the conclution that only when streaming LiveTV you get a Client Kind indication in the webinterface. If forgetting to stop stream server this indication linger and can't be removed unless stopping/restarting RS. Now there's certainly nothing to do about sloppy users like us forgetting to stop stream server, but I thought it could be informational with a Client Kind indication for recordings as well? It sure would be easier to see when something is wrong like in the case I just described. When thinking of it, the coolest thing would be some possibility to do a client release from the status page, avoiding the stop/restart of RS entirely. RS webinterface is after all an administrator tool and you should have the possibility to kick and block users/clients you dont want on your server.

Regards

majstang

Edited by majstang